Monday, August 1

8:45 pm
Terrace


I made it.  I survived.

Another tour in the history books.  Another chapter of my career closed.  Of my life.

Christ, I'm tired.

I hardly have a brain cell left and I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  But I made it here, with the Grace of God and the love of a Good Woman.  And of my family.

Sardinia's beautiful.  Peaceful.  Calm.

I can use some Calm right now.

Yesterday was a whirlwind.  The press, the visitors, the show, the parties.  Somehow I survived it all.  Cate was there to share it with me, which made my heart dance.  I owe her so much.  I never could have made it through this tour without her, with all the shit we went through this last year and a half.

I may be the Rock Star, but She's my Rock.

It was bittersweet last night, like it always is.  I hated to walk off that stage, but I'm eager to get back to real life. It was hard to leave the Boys, though I know it's only a couple weeks until I see them again back home.

But it's not the same, when we're not on the road together.  And only we can truly understand that.

Last night was my first Last Night without the Kids.  I missed them something awful.  I talked to them all today, after I finally woke up from my exhaustion-induced coma somewhere around 3 pm.  Cate took care of packing everything up and getting us ready to go while I checked in with my Babies.

On days like today I'm thankful I have my own plane.  No way I would have been able to drag my ass out of bed and to the airport on time for a commercial flight.  I'm completely fried.

I got a little teary when I talked to Jakey and Romey.  They don't really seem to notice something's different about Dad; they just rattled on about their toys and friends and video games and cartoons like always.  Just hearing them talk about the important details of their everyday life made me feel guilty for missing so much this past year.  I swear when I get back I'm gonna spend my every spare minute with my Buddies before I blink and they're Jesse's age.

Romey gave me an update on Russell.  Seems he's lonely, he needs a friend.  A girlfriend, maybe.  I think Russell enjoyed himself a little too much on tour, ha ha.  Ain't so easy to get chicks when you're sleeping in a seven-year-old's pillowcase in Manhattan, is it, Russ?

May have to see what we can do to ease Russell's loneliness.  Try to work on Momma a little, on behalf of poor Romey and his lonely weasel.

Jakey's excited because Dorothea enrolled him in the after-school arts program for the fall.  That one's gonna be an actor yet, mark my words.  Or a stand-up comedian.  I promised him when I get home he and I will have a day just to ourselves, when we'll go out and do whatever he wants.  He immediately asked if we can go to the studio and he can play Teek's drums.  And bring his guitar that Uncle Mookie got him.

Of course.  That's Jake Bongiovi, Superstar.  Ha ha.

I also talked to Dorothea.  She congratulated me on surviving another world tour, another notch in my expanding belt, ha ha.  We had a nice talk, bygones are bygones about the messed-up plans.  She of all people understands what I feel like today.  She remembers.  We were a team for a long time.  And I know she means it when she says she's there if I need her.

That really does mean a lot to me.

Stephie called me back after I left her a message.  She worked lunch shift today; when things were slow she gave Dear Old Dad a buzz.  Brendan's back in the City at his internship, it's just her today.  She said she's looking forward to hanging out with me when I get home, that she misses our long talks and our Daddy-Daughter Dates.

Me too, Princess.

And then there's Jesse.  We didn't talk for long because he was on his way out to meet up with some buddies, but he gave me a quick run-down on his weekend.  His dinner date with Bridget was, in his words, "Perfect."  He didn't ruin the chicken, he was a complete romantic sap, and he and Bridget had a wonderful time together playing house in my apartment.  Jess said it was the best night of his life.

And that he thinks he's really in love.

I just smiled when he told me that.  I remember what that felt like, to be 16 and sure I was in Love.

Maybe the Kid really is.  There's obviously something special between him and his Girl.  Turns out Saturday was sweet and romantic and perfect, but it wasn't the night.  Bridget was nervous, told Jess she just wasn't ready yet.  Jesse said he told her he understands, he's not going to pressure her.  He'll wait however long it takes for her to be ready.  Because just having the privilege of holding her hand makes him the happiest guy in the world.

That's my Boy.

So all is well in the Bongiovi World.  Life is good.  Really, really good.

I hear Cate singing in the kitchen.  She went in to get us a couple of glasses of wine and some fruit and cheese.  Neither of us have eaten much today; I'm too damned tired to even think about food.  But my Wife's gonna be sure I don't die of malnourishment because I'm too lazy to feed myself, ha ha.

She's what I need right now, My Cate.  She'll take care of me, get me through the post-tour crash.  In a couple days I'll be good as new, ready to live up to my husbandly duties again.

Ready to make a Baby.

So, I'm down to my last page in this old Journal.  Damn, there are a lot of thoughts in here.  A lot of secrets and evidence that can be used against me, ha ha.

I don't think I'm capable of many more thoughts for awhile. I have my new journal, the one Cate bought for me in Lisbon.  A blank slate, ready for the future.

Think I'll save it for awhile.  Right now I don't want to have any more noteworthy thoughts.  I just want to Be for awhile.

I can hear her singing.  My song.  Makes my heart smile.

Alarm clock rings, it's 6:45
I like waking up with you on my mind
Knowing that you're saving me one more time...


THE END
(At least for now)




Coming this Fall:


Their Story continues...

17 comments:

  1. Aww.
    what an awesome sendoff.
    *claps*

    Now onto the big-un of a story.
    After a break of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this story as I loved the first one with Cate and Jon. I'm sure the next chapter of their lives will have many ups and downs, and I'm looking forward to each and every one. Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great saga, it was the first site I checked everyday. Looking forward to a new story in the fall. I love how you write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for creating this fantasy for us. You are a gifted writer who made stay up very late some rimes, but it was worth it! You made me laugh and cry many times and I am as addicted to your stories as much as the band. I will miss reading JJ every night. Keeping the faith for the next saga!

    Thank you 13 679 000 times ;)

    Johanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I can live without this journal. You did such a great job with it that I sometimes had to pinch myself and remember this is still fiction. Can't wait for fall...btw...fall for me starts in September. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss this as I looked forward to it everyday. But onto the next chapter of their lives. I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you is all I can say right now with a tear in my eyes. I will miss JJ a lot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much but im going to miss my daily fix, another withdrawl to add to the list, no Bon Jovi and no Jons Journal. Well done its a great story, hurry back with more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will truly miss this story, great writing, great imagination! See you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh NO!!!!
    Where am I going to get my daily fix now?!?!?!

    Also, what about the Roxy Project updates?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful!! I've enjoyed this a great deal. Catte you're awesome, such a talented writer. Thanks for this. *hats off* + *standing ovation*

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart sank when I saw the words "The End". Fortunately I kept reading! Enjoy your break. Looking forward to the fall. After all, it's August already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! This can't be over!! I loved reading this everyday. No tour and no journal ... what am I gonna do???

    Loved your story.. you are a very gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will you post a new jorunal for the 2013 tour??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you seem great at writing diaries! Do you do it alot? It's my favorite thing to write and I have to thank the people like you that write Bon Jovi fanfiction for keeping me intertained ;p keep doing Bon Jovi fanfiction, I live to read your fanfiction, it's that good. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found this story and that's the end??what happens next?????? Please tell me!!!!

    ReplyDelete