Saturday, November 27

1:00 pm Jersey Time
Somewhere north of home

Back on the plane again.  That's been my life lately -- planes, trains and automobiles.  Seems like all I have time to do anymore is stop by home, pick up clean socks and underwear, bang the wife, play with the kids, and wave to the neighbors before getting right back in the damned car.  This shit's getting old.

But there's work to be done.  Too bad this time it's on the other side of the world from everything I love.  At least it will be warm there, ha ha.  A little stop in Japan first, then sun & fun Down Under.  Maybe I'll try some surfing again.  Assuming I have time.

Whirlwind holiday--feels like I dreamed it, it flew by so fast.  Wasn't even home for a full day before it was Turkey Time.  Cate had a special little welcome home party for me.  Better than dessert, definitely less fattening. :)  Then she put my ass straight to work in the kitchen.

Don't know why she insisted on cooking an entire Thanksgiving dinner herself instead of having our cook do it, or ordering it from Whole Foods.  That's my stubborn wife.  It was damned good, though.  Especially the turkey, thank you very much.  Deep-fried that Bad Boy to a perfect crisp, and didn't even burn the house down, ha ha.

Kids had a great time with their cousins.  Watching them play made me happy and sad all at once, seeing the joy and knowing I had to leave them again.  It was hard on Matty too.  Guess sometimes I don't appreciate enough how much he gives up for the business, for me.  It was really hard for his boy to say goodbye this time.  He's getting old enough to figure out when Daddy leaves, it's a long time before he comes back.  It's just a few weeks to us, but that seems like a lifetime to a little one.

Wish Cate could come with me, but she's ass-deep in alligators at work.  No chance of her suprising me in a hotel bar this time, like she did in Brazil.  Dammit.

Gotta try to get some shut-eye so the jetlag doesn't kick my ass when we're wheels-down.  Fuck, here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment