Saturday, October 9

10:55 am
Northbound at 35,000 feet

Headed home to my babies. 

Everybody’s racked out, exhausted and relieved to be leaving South America.  I don’t think any of us really realized how tense we were with all the security shit until we went wheels up an hour ago.  It was like everybody let out this big collective sigh of relief.  Then everybody kicked off their shoes, tipped back their seats, and fell asleep.  Davey’s snoring like a buzz saw and Matty’s sacked out on the floor.  I’m not gonna be far behind them.

Talked to Cate before we left the hotel.  I could hear the relief in her voice that we were leaving Brazil.  As much as I worry about her, I forget that she worries just as much about me.  It must be hard for her—she knows so much more of the ugly reality than I do.  But she doesn’t have to worry as much now, we’ll be back on American soil tonight.  When she gets home she’s taking the rest of the week off and coming to the Gulf show with me.  No more lonely hotel rooms for either of us for awhile.

Tomorrow I’ll spend the day with the Kids.  Got tickets to Monday night Jets game at the New Stadium for me and Jesse. Then Tuesday she’ll be home.  We’re gonna curl up in front of that fireplace and open that bottle of Argentinian red wine and just hold each other and catch up on what we’ve missed.  Pretend the rest of the world doesn’t exist for awhile.  Just us.

Homeward bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment