Saturday, September 25

11:30 am
Somewhere over South America

On plane to Costa Rica.  Show was good last night; good crowd, smooth set.  Nobody shot at my ass, ha ha.  Matt said they could probably hit it, as big as it got during the break.  Fucker.  Like he didn’t pack on a few pounds of home cooking too.  But I’ll lose mine in a week, his will still be there at Christmas.  Ha ha Little Bro.

Cate’s in the office today, another Saturday working.  She works all the damned time now.  Something’s up.  I can tell but she can’t tell me.  Drives me fucking nuts, though I probably really don’t want to know.

Talked to Dorothea and kids.  Romeo is bugging D for a pet ferret.  I think it’s a cool idea, D’s not so thrilled at idea of having a “weasel” in the house.  She never did like rodents.  Told her I’d back her decision, but “Santa” may have to deliver.  Or Uncle Mookie.  She’d LOVE that.

Had long talk with Dorothea about Steph.  Once again I’m amazed at what a fantastic parent she is.  She told me she & Steph have coffee every Sunday morning (unless Steph’s at my place) to talk about “woman stuff.”  Including sex.  Argh.  D said Steph is very candid and admitted she and Brendan have “experimented” but are taking it slow.  Christ, there is NO WAY I could have a convo like that with Steph—would even be tough with Jess.  I’d imagine Steph would never want to talk like that with Dorky Dad, either.  Some things are between Mothers & Daughters.  Thank God. 

D wouldn’t give me any details, insisted what she and Steph talk about is private.  She won’t betray Steph’s trust.  That’s good, but SHIT.  Doesn’t give me much peace of mind.  D said I don’t have to worry—Steph is safe and responsible and knows she can talk to us.  Steph also told D she completely trusts Brendan and he’s the one insisting they not jump into sex.  (FUCK, I can’t believe I’m writing this!!!!)  What’s wrong with a 17-year-old boy who doesn’t want to nail every cute piece of tail in sight?  He better not be getting action on the side while playing gentleman with my Baby.  If he hurts Steph that way I’ll rip his nuts off.

Yeah, probably why it’s a good thing D’s handling this.

I miss her being my Baby.  Daddy’s Little Girl.  Guess I’ll never have that again, until I’m a Grandpa.  (Don’t want to think about that either.)

Wonder why Cate never wanted kids?  She’s a fantastic Stepmom.  Romey adores her.  She’d be a great Mom.  Come to think of it, she’s never actually answered that question.  When we talk about kids and her past and our marriages she just kind of glosses over it.  It’s not medical (I don’t think), not due to her injury.  Maybe I should ask her again.

Time to play CEO and take care of some paperwork before we land.

No comments:

Post a Comment