Friday, December 24

5:45 pm
Christmas Eve
Jersey House

The Big Night is upon us--time for the annual Christmas Eve Shindig!  We've been having this party at my house since I don't know when--sometime not long after I bought my first house, over in Rumson.  Of course it's a lot bigger now than it was then, and a lot tamer, ha ha.  Now it's family and close friends.  But still a lot of people.

Cate and I drove out here early this morning.  Actually, we didn't even go to bed last night.  We were both wide awake when we got back to the apartment, so we decided to just pack up and come on out, get the holiday started.  Needless to say we both needed a nap by about 9 am, ha ha.  So that's just what we did.  Went to bed at 9, slept until about 2, then got up and started getting ready for the party.

Last night was fantastic.  Cate absolutely loved the gift I got her.  I was pretty sure she would, and I knew I would, but you can never be 100% sure with women.  Just when you think you have 'em figured out -- BAM!  They smack you right between the eyes with some crazy twist of personality that reminds you you don't know shit about women.  But this time I was right.  I spent most of this morning patting myself on the back for my Super-Awesome idea.

The best part about our evening was seeing Cate smile, watching her eyes sparkle and swirl as she tried on all those great clothes, and then as she dressed me up.  And of course holding her, kissing her, making love to her right there in KC was spectacular.  She always teases me about trying to top our exploits by dreaming up some new erotic adventure in an unexpected place.  I'd say this one's gonna be pretty hard to beat.  But I'm damned sure not gonna stop trying. 

When we arrived here this morning Cate gave me her present.  She said she was going to wait until tomorrow when we had a moment alone, but with all the family and kids running around she was afraid we wouldn't get that chance.  And her gift was definitely something private and personal and beautiful. 

Those couple photos she sent me in Australia were teasers for her gift.  Those hot, sorta-naked ones.  Well, this morning in our bedroom Cate pulled me over to sit on the bed and laid this pretty little package on my lap.  It was small and flat and obviously a book.  But Holy Christ, WHAT a fucking book!  

My sneaky, sexy wife pulled a fast one on me.  Back in November when I was out in Camden for the day doing some stuff for the Foundation she had a photog come into our apartment and shoot some portraits of her.  Not just any photos, mind you -- boudoir shots.  Stunningly, maddeningly, cock-teasingly beautiful boudoir shots. In our bedroom.

Apparently she asked Dave to recommend someone, and set up the session with this very well-respected fashion photog.  They had a full studio set up in our bedroom, and I guess the session took a couple hours.  Cate said the shoot started with her clothed -- in that sexy-as-Hell sparkly halter and fuck-me leather pants she bought in Colombia, no less -- and ended up with her completely nude.  She said she was pretty nervous at first but by the time she had to strip she was at ease, the photog was that good.  Thank God it was a woman, ha ha.  Don't really like the idea of some guy taking nakey-pics of my wife. 

The photos are absolutely stunning -- especially the ones with my guitars.  There are a couple dozen of her with my Tak and my red electric "Canditar" as she likes to call it.  She's in varying states of dress in those shots, and in a few she's not wearing a stitch of clothing, she's just wrapped around my Tak and caressing it like it's her lover.  Those shots are so erotic and beautiful I could hardly take my eyes off them. 

The final result was gorgeous book of photos, and of course the negatives and proofs.  And she loaded up all the digital images into an album for my iPhone, passworded and encrypted, of course, ha ha.  That way I can take them with me wherever I go, stare at them whenever I want.  That may be a blessing and a curse when I'm back on the road.  Sometimes just looking at "normal" photos of her is about all I can handle when I miss her so much.

I'm also supposed to pick out my favorite to have printed and framed to hang somewhere in the apartment.  I guess where it will hang depends on the degree of nudity, ha ha.  Can't very well have my wife's tits on display in the entryway.  That would take some explaining, especially to Jake and Romey!  Think I'm gonna have one of her in that sexy outfit printed for my quick-change, too.  Frankie could use some company in there, ha ha.    And that book is definitely gonna be in my nightstand drawer for a long, long time.

My wife is fantastic.  What a perfect gift.  Of course I had to thank her appropriately. :)

So that's pretty much how the day went -- hot sex at KC, go home, drive to the big house, hot sex in Jersey, nap, party prep, greet Dorothea and the kids and Mom and Dad and the rest of the fam, and now I'm hiding out in my walk-in closet allegedly trying to find something to wear but actually grabbing a minute to write down what I'm feeling before the party gets rockin' and I get swept up in the yuletide cheer.

I'm the luckiest Bastard in the world.  All the hard times, all the long days and nights and things I think are awful and shitty that wear me down... none of it matters.  I'm happy and healthy and wealthy and maybe even a little bit wise.  I have a wife who loves me unconditionally, kids who adore me, an ex-wife who is still one of my best friends, a family who supports me, and the best Best Friends on the planet.  I don't know what I did to deserve all this good fortune, but I should be kicked in the ass every time I whine about something.  I'm sending up that prayer of thanks tonight for sure, more than any other night, because we're all together again, Home for the Holidays.

Merry Christmas, Baby.

1 comment: