Wednesday, December 22

2:15 pm
Office

I feel like Hell.

Slept for 14 hours, Cate finally woke me up about 45 minutes ago.  She tried to soften the blow with... well... another blow, ha ha.  She knew I'd feel like I was hit by a Mack truck so she tried to be a little extra-special kind and attentive.  It was great, but now that the sex-endorphins have worn off I feel like I've been dragged to the depths of Hell.

Sipping tea and trying to figure out a short setlist for tonight.  Just me and the Tak, no band to blame my fuck-ups on, ha ha.  I'm gonna sound like shit, but I have to play. I promised I would.  I'll give it my best shot but there are a few songs there's just no way I'll be able to sing.  No Hallelujah tonight.

No Who Says either if Cate has her way.  She says she loves me more than anything in the world and is proud I won a Grammy for it, but not to ever sing that song to her again.  So I do it just to aggravate her, ha ha.

Superman's a given, for Cate and for the Vets.  And I have to do Prayer, that's expected.  That's two -- what else?  Maybe a Christmas tune.  Rudolph won't work, Please Come Home is too depressing.... maybe I Wish Everyday?  That's kinda optimistic and uplifting.  That's the mood I want this to be.

Hell, why not just Jingle Bells?  Ha ha.

Think I'll let Cate pick the last song.

Christ, I better drag my ass to the workout room and see if I can jump-start myself.  It's gonna be a long damned night if I can't.

2 comments:

  1. Jonny, it doesn't matter what you sing! Just shake the assets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon will make it all happen and push thru as he know he needs to! Hope he and Cate have a fantastic Christmas! Can't wait to hear how she likes her special surprise present!

    ReplyDelete