Monday, December 6

2:30 am
Auckland

Still flyin'.  Just got back from the bar, too amped to sleep.

Auckland show was fantastic.  One of those great experiences, where we pull the energy from the fans.  This crowd was exceptional -- felt like I could go all night.  Both playing and otherwise, ha ha.  All the guys were charged.  Just one of those great shows where everything comes together and we all remember again why we leave our families and our lives to fly halfway around the world and get up on a stage.

I love my job.

Cate giggled at me when I gave her her wakeup call this morning.  She said she could almost hear me bouncing around my room.  She was right, I WAS bouncing around, wandering the suite, in and out from the balcony.  Just couldn't sit still.  Happy Feet, ha ha.

We had another sweet conversation, her just waking up and me not yet coming down.  I love her voice in the morning, all dusky and sultry.  She said she was a little tired, woke up in the wee hours of the morning and for some reason and decided to check her messages.  Turns out it was when the show was about half over.  She saw the email from Tony with the feed link and watched.  She got to see No Apologies realtime.  As I was singing it for an audience for the first time ever.  The song I did for her.

After all that's gone on the last couple days I just thought it was something she'd relate to.  She teased me that at least I could have played a song she actually likes, but I could hear the little catch in her voice she gets when her beautiful blue eyes are sparkling with happy tears.  It's not her favorite of our new stuff but she knows how much that song means to me. She also knows how excited I was to play it for an audience.  That I played it for her was "an honor," she said.

An honor.  Guess my wife is still my biggest fan. :)

So, she has a lazy Sunday planned, coffee with a friend, a little Christmas shopping, home in time to watch the Giants beat up on the Redskins.  (Another reason I love her, even if she IS an Eagles fan.)  We made a date to chat again tonight her time, when I'm waking up on the other side of the world.  She promised me she'll have a fire going and a nice bottle of wine open, and nothing but time for me.

I like the sound of that.



11:15 am
Auckland, Bed

Woke up refreshed. 

Had a message on my phone from Jesse.  He, Jake and Romeo were watching the Giants game together.  At my apartment.  With Cate.  Jess said he didn't want to wake me up by calling, but they were all thinking of me and wished I was there.

My boys are hanging out with my wife.  That makes me smile.

Apparently I missed something.  Cate and Dorothea must have talked.  And neither of them saw fit to tell me about it.

Stubborn women.  My life is full of strong, stubborn women.  And I love them all.

Texted Cate, all she sent back was a smiley face and a heart.  Can't wait to talk to her later.  Won't bother her now, the boys are probably still there.  I love that they're spending time with her.  Probably all playing Rock Band and making fun of me, ha ha.

And the Giants won.  Gonna watch it later on my laptop.  Love technology sometimes.

It's a good day. 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea - love it!! If only we could get Jon to update his real blog more than once a year!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to be a pain. Would it be possible for you to tweak your layout so I can read on a mobile device? Currently mobile format is black font on dark grey background.

    ReplyDelete