Thursday, December 9

Time - No Clue
In the Air

On the plane, headed for the other side of Australia.  Gonna be sunup by the time we get to Melbourne.  Losing 3 hours (I think) this time.  That's gonna suck to adjust to.

Fun show again last night.  Well, a couple hours ago, anyway. Good crowd, good energy.  The wheels are really starting to turn on this leg now.  By the time we hit Sydney next weekend there will be no stopping us.  Like a runaway freight train.  Of course the leg will be almost over, but better late than never.

Then we're a Homebound Train.  Ha ha.

Obviously I'm still on a performance high.  Damned adrenaline.

Gave Cate a call from my dressing room.  Stole a few minutes to whisper a few sweet dirty nothings in her ear before having to head for the airport.  She asked for my advice on something, which kind of surprised me.  Cate wants to take Steph Christmas shopping on Saturday, but she wasn't sure if she should.  Since Steph is grounded Cate's a little uneasy about asking Dorothea.  She doesn't want to undermine D's punishment or authority or make Steph think she's trying to help her get off easy.

That's a tough one.  Normally I'd say don't worry about it, just ask Dorothea, but given how this whole thing went down I'm not sure how D will react.  I think Steph's learned her lesson well enough not to see Cate's action as being on her side, but never can tell with teenagers.  Or women.  Damned hormones.

I kicked around the pros and cons with Cate for a few minutes, and told her to do what she thinks is right.  Duh. That was the total pussy answer, but in all honesty she's gonna do what she wants anyway so her asking me was just her thinking out loud.  Again, WOMEN.  Hmph.

The thought of Cate and Steph spending a little time together does warm my heart though.  It's not like they've never done anything together, but usually either I've been there too or it's been with the boys or Steph's had her friends over to our place.  When they have done stuff together, just Cate and Steph, it's usually been short or spur-of-the-moment, like "hey, I'm going to the store, wanna come with?"  The fact that Cate wants to spend a morning or an afternoon or whatever she has planned with Steph makes me smile.

Then again, I wonder what her motive is.  And was she planning this before the running-away fiasco?  Guess I should have asked her those questions when we were on the phone.  Shit.  Well, whatever the case, I just have to trust that Cate and Dorothea and Steph will work this all out.  Without Drama.  NO more damned Drama.

Speaking of Christmas shopping, haven't done much.  Gonna have to get on that soon.  Still no idea what to get Cate, and running out of time.  May have to resort to online shopping.  Crap.  Time's getting tight for that too.

I see a card game in the front of the plane.  Maybe I need to go relieve Sambora of a little Christmas Shopping Cash....

3:45 pm
Melbourne

Holy Shit.  I'm completely fucked up now.  Jumping ahead 3 hours sucks -- even with sleep.  Now I'm gonna have to be a big-time vampire tonight to try to get myself back on track.

Just talked to my lovely wife.  She's in bed, watching Letterman, snuggled way down under the covers 'cause it's cold as hell in NYC.  I didn't rub it in that it's summer here.  She sounded a little groggy, like she didn't feel well.  Being the sympathetic husband I am, I asked her if she was okay.  She said she was fine.  We chatted some more, I asked again, again I got "Fine."  The third time I asked... well, I shouldn't have asked.  Turns out she's NOT fine.  She's on the rag and has cramps and is bloated and tired and her back hurts -- GODDAMMIT!!! (Her words).

Yeah, that's what I get for asking, ha ha.

But I do feel for her.  I don't know how women live with that shit every month.  Once again I'm glad I'm a man.

Hmmm.  Actually, this week may suck for her, but it works for me.... means we're in the clear for a little Mistletoe Mischief when I get home in two weeks.  Heh heh.

Well Fuck.  Guess I'll head for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment