Monday, December 20

Midnight Jersey time
No clue what time zone I'm in
In The Air

I'll be home for Christmas.....

Finally headed home after what seems like a year.  We were only gone a month, and it was a great leg, but feels like a lot longer.  Lots I missed back home.  Lots to catch up on.

That stand in Sydney was as good as it gets.  Was like it used to be in the old days, only this time we savored it. Who knows how much longer we're gonna get to do this for a living?  Gotta take time to smell the roses, ha ha.

If Night 2 was fantastic, last night was otherworldly.  All the stars and planets aligned, and it was just magic.  Even Mother Nature got in on the party.  I couldn't have scripted that, when the Heavens opened up in the middle of Hallelujah.  Just fucking magic.  I could hardly believe it.

We were just in another universe last night, the crowd and the band, as one.  It was like The Rapture.  Phenomenal.

I really, truly love my job.

Took quite awhile to come down.  Think I still have the grin on my face, even woke up from my nap smiling.  Still too restless to really sleep, even though I'm tired.  Too excited to get home to my family, to celebrate being together for the holidays.

Talked to Cate a couple times in the past few hours.  She's as excited for me to get home as I am to get there.  Sucks it takes a full day of traveling to actually make it there, and then I'll be loopy for a few days.

Couldn't help myself--had to call and wake her up after the show, to tell her about it.  It was 6:00 am on a Sunday, but she didn't mind.  I loved hearing that dusky, sleepy voice of hers, saying "Baby, that's so great.  You should be proud."  I was proud.  Damned proud.  And I love that I could share it with her, even if only by phone.

Talked to her again later in the day.  And what a surprise she had for me -- before she called, Cate texted me a picture of her with Jess, at Giants Stadium!  Her boss gave her a pair of tickets to the Eagles-Giants game at the last minute, and she asked Dorothea if she could take Jess.  My heart about burst when she told me that -- my wife and my son, sharing time together, doing something they both love.  They had good seats, and Jess had the biggest grin on his face.  They looked like they were having a blast.

Only problem with that picture is that my beautiful wife was wearing Eagles green, LOL.  And good Christ, after the way that game went I'll NEVER hear the end of it when I get home.  She's already gloating, by phone and by text.  But that's fine with me--everybody has their flaws, ha ha.  I saw the highlights and we can watch the game later during the flight, but not sure I want to.  Ouch.  Then again, how can I call myself a fan and not watch "The Miracle in New Meadowlands?"  I'll just have a couple drinks before the really painful part, ha ha.

Less than a day, I'm back where I belong.

Fly faster, Damnit.

3:30 pm Jersey Time
Somewhere over the Water

I'm ready to get the fuck OFF this PLANE!!!

Jesus, this is a LONG damned trip.  Every time we make it I remember how much it sucks.  I'm sick of being cooped up in a metal tube with wings.  No matter how comfortable it may be, a plane is a plane is a damned plane.  And being on one for 16 damned hours is a LONG fucking time.

Can only watch so many movies or play so many hands of poker or do so much paperwork or take so many naps.  I want to be home.  NOW.

Fuck.  Another hour plus until we hit the West Coast.  The second they open those damned doors I'm off this plane like a shot.  I need some fresh air, Dammit.  Need to stretch my legs, breathe the L.A. smog, ha ha.  Fifteen minutes, then I'll be good to go.  Drop Richie off, refuel, get cleared, then head for Jersey.  Should be home by bedtime.  Sleeping in my own bed tonight, or whenever the Hell I actually sleep.

Don't think there will be much sleeping going on once I hit the door.  Heh heh.

Look out, Baby, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. You know you are involved in a story when you are beginning to think it's real! LOL!

    ReplyDelete