Saturday, December 18

9:45 am
On my Balcony

Good morning, Australia!  Two more days here in this fabulous country, then I get to LEAVE, ha ha.  Can't wait.

Once they let me out of my hotel room cell yesterday things got better.  Though hotel security fucked up royally they did a damned good job of keeping the whole fiasco quiet and kissing my ass the rest of the day, ha ha.  I practically have a damned Secret Service detail now, tailing me everywhere.  Nobody's gonna touch a hair on my head unless I want them too.  Good thing we won't have time for another Spearmint Rhino excursion, ha ha.

Called Cate after soundcheck, as I expected she chewed my ass for wandering off by myself.  But I could hear the worry in her voice as she gave me the full interrogation about "The Incident" as she's calling it.  That actually made me feel better than anything:  not that I worried her, but that somebody loves me enough to care about ME,  if I was okay.  Not whether what happened will impact my ability to perform, will show in the press photos, will cause a hiccup in the tour machine, will lead to a fucking lawsuit.  My wife doesn't give a shit about all that any more than I do.  She just wants me to be safe and happy and healthy.  Same as I want for her.

It's things like this that make me realize our worlds aren't so different after all.  Cate's in law enforcement and I'm in entertainment, we move in entirely different circles and have entirely different experiences, but it all comes down to this:  I love you, be safe, come home.

Soon, Baby.

So after she finished giving me the what-for we talked a little about next week.  She's been on the phone with Maria a couple more times about the Vets benefit, which she is really excited about.  Cate and Dorothea also had another conversation about the kids and Christmas plans, and all that.  Apparently that went pretty well, though Cate still didn't tell me what the deal was with D not letting Steph go shopping last weekend.

Cate did say Dorothea asked if she'd be interested in helping with some project for Jake and Romeo's school, a fundraiser or something.  I have no idea how or when Cate will find the time, but she agreed.  I hope she doesn't feel obligated or D didn't guilt her into it.  I guess we'll talk about it and the Steph fiasco and the whole family thing when I get home.

Told Cate not to make any plans for Thursday night; that's going to be OUR night.  It's the night I'm giving her my super-awesome Christmas present, though she doesn't know that.  Gonna do it up right.  Oprah-Big, ha ha.  Can't wait to see the look on her face.  After she's done laughing at me, that is.

Speaking of which, the jokes are still flying about my little photo shoot with Matty.  I get to soundcheck yesterday and Sambora and Bryan are just full of musical smartassed-ness.  Instead of checking stuff we were gonna play in the show, they're going off on "I'm too sexy for my pants" and "Pretty fly for a white guy" and Madonna's "Vogue" and shit like that.  I'll never admit it to their faces, but it was actually pretty funny.  Thank God I only have to put up with it for two more shows.  And on the entire plane ride home, I'm sure.

Smartasses.

But no worries, no worries.  It's a beautiful day, counting down the hours.  Gonna talk to My Girl, call my kids when they get home from school, take a run, have a great show tonight, then get up and do it all over again tomorrow.  Then I'm gonna pack my shit and head back where I belong.

Home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment