Saturday, December 4

11:40 am
Wellington NZ

To the tune of "Jingle Bells"...

Jet Lag Sucks
Jet Lag Sucks
Jet Lag Really Blows....

Oh My GOD I'm so fucking screwed up.  Thank God we're going to be at least in the same region for a few weeks.  I'll finally get myself right just to go home and be jetlagged for Christmas.

Just got off the phone with Cate.  I feel a little better about how she's doing now.  She still doesn't want to talk about what happened, but she did say she got Dorothea's messages and she's going to call D this weekend.  It's Friday night there, so hopefully tomorrow or Sunday she will talk to D and be receptive to letting D set this right.

I really hope they can work past this, not just for obvious selfish reasons.  Cate and Dorothea are the two most important women in my life, the only women I've really loved.  I've been lucky to preserve a great relationship with my ex-wife -- I'd hate to lose that because she couldn't get along with my wife.  I couldn't imagine having to choose.

But I guess I already have.  That sentence pretty much sums it up -- my EX-wife Dorothea and my WIFE Cate. It would be no contest.  But I'd like to think we're all mature enough adults to work through rough times like this and remain a family.  An extended, somewhat dysfunctional family, but family all the same.

Anyway, I didn't press, and Cate and I had a tender, romantic conversation.  She had just gotten home from work and poured herself a glass of wine when I called.  I was still in bed, missing her.  By the time we finished  the call... well, let's just say we were both naked and warm, together but a world away.

But still a world away.

Anyway, I'm gonna give her a call after the show, before I go to bed here, when she's getting up for her Saturday morning run.  Maybe we'll be able to go to bed and wake up together for the rest of this leg.  I hope so.

Okay, time to drag my ass outta bed and hit the gym myself.  If I'm gonna get back in shape and kick this damned sinus infection for good I gotta get moving.  It's a beautiful day in a beautiful country -- I guess I should make the most of it.

I just wish she was here.

4 comments:

  1. Poor Jonny....still not feeling well...
    Honey, you're in the right part of the world to get your hands on some fresh eucalyptus oil! Telling ya, it works miracles on sinus infections!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the women are going to work to sort the mess out. Best stay out of it right now Jon.

    Glad to see you have your priorities straight - who's the wife and who's the ex. Chances are the'll both be around when you get home. Of course if they get REALLY pissed at each other they could do some serious damage! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found Jon's journal entries and love this concept! Please keep it up! Can't wait to hear more about Jon's thoughts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete