Friday, December 31

6:45 pm
My Office

New Year's Eve.  In a couple hours it will be 2011.  2010 is all but done.

It's been one helluva year.  Toured the world for the umpteenth time, had some great experiences, some not-so-great.  I look back on how many shows we did and how many places we played and shake my head.  And we ain't done yet -- still more than half of the New Year to go.

As much as I love my job, all the fame and fortune and daily grind don't mean shit.  But I AM damned proud that we created some great new music and the fans embraced it.  I'm also proud that we're still going strong, still sharing our love of art and music and our friendship.  Without my Brothers 2010 would have been just killing time.

Regrets? I've had a few, but then again, to few to mention.... ha ha.  Sorry Frank.  My only regret for 2010 was that I was away from my family too much, once again.  My Baby Girl is almost grown up, she'll be finishing High School in this New Year.  Jess is a young man, Jakey and Romey aren't my cute cuddly little boys anymore.  No more babies in my family; now they're all well on their way to not needing their Old Man anymore.  That makes me sad.

But 2010 was A Very Good Year (again, sorry Frank).  My Cate married me, despite the fact we had no time for a fancy ceremony or a honeymoon.  There we were, sitting on that gorgeous beach in Hawaii, watching that sunset, and we both knew it was time.  By the next sunset we were husband and wife.  Then it was back to the circus -- the tour for me and work for her.   But in 2011 I'm gonna give her the honeymoon she deserves.  That's my New Year's Resolution.  That and to love her more and more each day, and to do my damndest to make her proud to be my wife.

Speaking of my lovely wife, she's calling.  She's finally ready to go.  We're heading out to ring in the New Year at Count Basie with John and the Jukes.  Don't think I'll be a stunt-Juke tonight.  Just wanna snuggle up with my Best Gal and dance the night away, ring out 2010 the best way I can think of.  In her arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment