Monday, February 14

12:05 am
My Room

All alone in my suite, wishing I was with my Valentine.

Cate's asleep, don't wanna wake her up.  When I talked to her earlier she was fading fast, told me she has a busy Monday ahead.  Said she had to get up and into the office early to take care of a bunch of stuff.

But on this most romantic of days I want to tell again her how much I love her and how I'm the luckiest man in the world because she agreed to spend her life with me.  Flowers are pretty, poetry is sweet... but I need her to hear my voice, thanking her once again.

I wish my lips were next to her ear right now, my breath on her cheek, my body molded to hers.

But I'm not even in the same country.

So I'm just gonna sit here in my gilded cage and miss her and look at her picture and smell her perfume on her scarf and vow once again to make it up to her, me being gone for yet another Special Day.  For the Special Day.

Happy Anniversary, Baby.

I love you.


5:25 pm
Venue

What a shit Valentine's Day.  Spent all day in the hotel, gym, and now in the venue.  Getting ready to sound check but I don't feel like it.  Richie and the guys are up there banging away, doing just fine without me.

Haven't even been able to talk to Cate.  She sent me a text at the ass-crack of dawn this morning, telling me Happy Anniversary and Happy Valentine's Day and that she was gonna be out of contact for the next few hours.  It's been 12 hours since that message.  A few hours, my ass.

Don't know what the fuck is going on at her office, but she's probably getting sucked into some new case again, which means I won't get to see her  next week when I'm home for a few days.

Goddammit.

Don't even know if she got the roses.  We promised not to get each other gifts, but I couldn't not send flowers.  I'd be a bad husband.  A guy's gotta send his girl flowers on Valentine's Day or he's a schmuck.

Christ, need to summon the will to move my ass.  I know the adrenaline will kick in later, but it's nowhere to be found right now.

Hope she answers her phone soon.



Author's Note:
Wanna know what happened?  Go here:  http://bedofrosesfic.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. 12 hours no call, maybe she's going to surprise you, Jon.:)

    ReplyDelete