Wednesday, February 2

7:15 am
Kitchen

I love morning sex.

No better way to start the day.

It's crappy and icy outside, Cate decided to go into the office a couple hours late since she'll have long days tomorrow and Friday.  So we're taking advantage of the delay.

Making coffee, resting up for Round 2.  Cate likes whipped cream and chocolate in her coffee.  I like whipped cream and chocolate on Cate.  Heh heh.

Oh, and Superman didn't see his shadow while I was standing naked in front of the window so I guess we get an early Spring.

Pretty good day so far.

10:35 am
Office

Well HELL -- I've been so wrapped up in what's going on between my legs that I didn't even realize what THIS weekend is.

I have a flight booked for Friday.  To Dallas.  It's Super Bowl weekend.  DUH.  And here I thought I'd have one last quiet weekend with Cate.  So much for that.

And now I gotta cancel Cate's reservation.  She's gonna be in Atlanta for work.  Goddammit.

Maybe she can fly over to Dallas to meet me.  Don't know if she'll have time to make the Friday night party, but at least she can  meet me Saturday, we can have some fun and enjoy the game Sunday.  I know Char would love to see her again.  They hit it off great last time.

And Hell, how can you NOT have fun at the Super Bowl?

Well, it would be MORE fun if the Giants were there.

Better get my ass moving -- I got calls to make and shit to do.  Suddenly February got very, very busy.

7:55 pm
Living Room


What a day.  I'm beat.

Started out great, then Cate and I both had to go to work.  That pretty much sucks all the fun out of it right there.

Had a 2 pm call for the movie today.  I wasn't supposed to start working until next week, but things have been so damned crazy with this ensemble cast that they keep changing it on me.  Now that Halle's out and Katie's in the whole production schedule has been juggled.  I thought I was just gonna show up and do some blocking and a little preparation work with Katie, we ended up filming the restaurant scene.

So much for my beard.  It was coming in nice, too.  Oh well.

Katie's a nice girl, a good actress.  We had pretty good chemistry going, she's easy to act with.  But apparently her calendar is wacko and she can only work so many hours a day and we have to shoot around her kid's schedule and she has certain things written into her contract... blah blah blah.  It's all very Hollywood.  

So when Garry and the team asked me if we could shoot today I said "sure."  I was ready, knew my lines.  Was only a little change in how I played the scene, now that it's Katie instead of Halle.  During one of the breaks I reminded the crew that beginning next week they're gonna have to shoot around MY schedule -- I start my real job again a week from today.  

A couple hours in Garry pulled me aside and asked if I can shoot tomorrow and Friday, if they can get it "cleared" for Katie to work.  "Cleared?"  WTF is this, some matter of National Security to get her on the set?  Jesus.  I told Garry sure--my wife's out of town and I can push my flight to Dallas back, let's get it done.  I'd rather get as much in the can as possible before I get too deep into this leg of the tour.  We'll be hanging around the East Coast for a few weeks, but still...  

I got a few other things to deal with besides movie-making. 

Gotta say, as much as I like this script and Garry and this amazing cast... I remembered today why I fell out of love with acting.  I like it just fine... but I'm eager to get this done.

Anyway, since I'm working tomorrow night I had to call Jesse and cancel our plans -- was gonna take him to the Devils-Rangers game.  He was fine with it, said he has a lot of homework this week anyway.  I felt bad though.  Jess is such a good kid, so easy-going and laid back.  Never gives Dorothea or me a lick of trouble.  We're not gonna be so lucky with Jake and Romeo.  I promised to make it up to him, maybe do something extra-special for his birthday, just the two of us.  I'll have to come up with something really great.

So tomorrow I have a call at 8 am.  Cate will already be gone, she has to be at JFK at 6 am to catch an early plane to Atlanta.  She's hoping weather won't delay her flight; she wants to get as much done tomorrow as possible so she can hopefully meet me in Dallas Friday night.  

Shit, the tour hasn't even started back up and already we're jetting around the country, trying to steal a night or two together in some hotel room. 

I'll miss her tomorrow, but at least I'll be busy.

And on that note, gonna put away this book and go spend a few relaxing, romantic hours with my wife before she has to go to bed.  And actually sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that wonderful visual image of Superman not seeing his shadow standing naked in front of the window - Just warmed up my morning indeed.
    oh yeah and I'm losing track of the days too but today is Wednesday Feb 2nd ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Jon and Superman has determined we would have an early Spring! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to report that the TriState rodent Staten Island Chuck agrees with Superman on the early spring prognosis!!! And according to the news report, Phil supports our NY rodents in his prediction too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um....Superman has to be standing at attention to throw a shadow...just saying. ;)

    Good to see you're prepared for the Chuckleheads to give you a hard time...it's called karmic payback.

    ReplyDelete