Wednesday, February 16

12:30 am
Headed Home

On the plane, Jersey-bound.  Can't wait to get home.

Cate's curled up with her head on my lap, fast asleep.  She's worn out, poor thing.  I kept her up most of the night, then with the excitement of the show... Good thing she doesn't have to go into the office tomorrow.  God bless technology so she can telework.

She was planning to fly home commercial in the morning.  She totally forgot that we were coming back for Richie's fashion show.  That's my Silly Girl.  After all this time she still doesn't get excited about all this movie star-rock star-fashion diva crap.  I swear, it's like she lives in a bubble sometimes.  A bubble full of cops and guns and other crazy things that she gets excited about, but a bubble nonetheless.

I love having her on the jet with me.  I wish she could travel more with us.  It was nothing short of wonderful to come offstage tonight and find her waiting for me.  God, I would love to have that every show.

Maybe I can convince her to, since we're gonna start working on our little project soon.  She could take a leave of absence, like she did to work on the movie and TV series.  I know she can't right away, but maybe for the Europe leg this summer.

I'll have to work on that.

In the meantime I have some work to do of my own.  Gonna call my doc tomorrow and find out what I need to do.  Cate's gonna talk to her gyno too.  We want to get started working on our little "family expansion plan" as soon as possible.

We have a lot of talking to do.  I was so excited to see her I totally forgot I was gonna tell her about what's going on with Jesse.  And we'll need to figure out what, if anything, we're gonna tell Dorothea and the kids about our plans.

I'm so fucking excited I can hardly stand it.


8:20 pm
Home

Settled in on the couch with my Baby for a little reading.  Just like a real domestic homebody married couple, ha ha.  Well, guess I'm actually writing at the moment instead of reading, but I WILL be reading.

Had a nice quiet day.  Cate and I both worked from home, then took off to pick up the boys from school.  Romeo was so excited to see her, came running up and gave her a great big hug.  Didn't even notice I was there.  Dad Who?  Ha ha.  But it was so cute.  Cate just beamed and gave me a little glance that told me she was thinking "can't wait until we have one of these."

We took the boys out for ice cream (SHHH! Don't tell Dorothea!) then took them home and just hung out for awhile.  Luckily all the strep throat germs are gone, all that's left are some snotty noses and boogers and stuff. Jeez, ain't boys great?  Ha ha.

Waited until Jess and Steph got home and spent a little time with them.  Cate and Dorothea spent most of their time talking about the Soul Kitchen -- Cate wants to start getting a little more involved with some of the Foundation stuff, but God knows when she has the time.  She said when I'm on the road she wants to stay busy, so that's one way to do it.

I personally think she should practice ovulating, ha ha.

Put a call in to my Doc today but haven't heard back yet.  He's a busy guy, but he really needs to get on the Ball (pun intended, ha ha).  I gotta figure out when I can get this little procedure done since I'm gonna be traipsing all over the planet.  I've been doing some reading up on this thing (but avoiding videos) and it looks like the best I'm gonna get away with is 2 1/2 - 3 weeks of taking it easy.  Not sure when the hell I'm gonna be able to fit that into the tour schedule.

Maybe I can just fake another blown calf muscle and use that as my excuse for hobbling around the stage.  Would be a helluva lot easier to explain than that I had my balls sliced open and a little needlepoint done.

God, that sounds painful.

Anyway, Cate talked to her gyno today too, she's got an appointment on Friday to go in and have a chat.  Since she just did all her lab stuff and got squeezed and scraped and prodded she probably won't need any more tests or exams.

She's been doing some research too.  She admitted she's a little nervous, not just about becoming a mother but about whether she'll have a hard time getting pregnant because of her age.  Of course I'm no expert on this, but I told her that she's in excellent physical health, so I would think she should have a pretty easy time of it.  Besides, she's on the low end of 40, unlike me, ha ha.  If anybody should be worried about being dried up it's me.

But I'm Italian.  We have mighty swimmers, ha ha.  Even if they've been bottled up in the pond for awhile.

Alright, gonna stop writing and start reading.  Cate's on the other couch with her files spread out everywhere. She's got her hair piled up in a messy bun and has those sexy little librarian reading glasses on.

Fuck, that's Hot.

Screw this.  Reading is overrated.

I think we need to practice baby-making.

3 comments:

  1. You better tell her about Jesse soon. If she finds out that everybody else knew what was going on in her house and she didn't; it might get ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jon I agree you really need to make the time to tell her about the Jesse situation. It won't be good if she finds out from anyone other than you. Do it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay away from the videos Jon!!! Just listen to your doctor!

    And how about your plans to talk to Cate about Jesse!?!?!?!?!
    Do it before she notices the forensic evidence when she is doing laundry!!!! LOL!!!
    And nice job there loading up the chuckleheads with sugar before returning them to Dorothea.... *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete