Saturday, February 5

7:45 am
Dallas

Fuck, I'm tired.

Yesterday seems like the longest damned day of my life.  It took for fucking EVER to get to Dallas -- and I had a direct flight.  Mother Nature must not be a Super Bowl fan this year, with the weather she's sending to Texas.  Good thing Richie made it in earlier in the week for his show, otherwise he never would have gotten there.

Talked to him yesterday and there are pictures in the paper.  Looks like the show went well.  And he didn't mind watching the cheerleaders strut down the runway in his clothes.  I'm sure he was picturing them strutting around OUT of his clothes, heh heh.

Wish I could have made his show but there was just no way.  I was hoping to at least make the After Party but that didn't happen either.  My damned plane didn't even land until 1 am.  The only good thing about that was that Cate wasn't far behind me -- she had a helluva time getting out of Atlanta too.  Her flight landed at 1:40 am.  So I just waited for her at the airport then we were able to get a car to the hotel together.  Not like that was easy either -- apparently the independent cabbies are on strike so there's not enough cabs to go around.  I finally ended up saying "fuck it" and called Shy on his cell.  He sent his personal driver to take us to the hotel.

Spent a lot of time sitting around thinking yesterday.  About Cate and me, the kids, the tour, the movie, the Foundation... but mostly about Jess.  Now that I've calmed down and have a some distance from the incident it's a little easier to think through, but my decision isn't any clearer.  I called him yesterday and we talked a little but I don't want to do this over the phone so I saved most of what I have to say for Monday.

But the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure I have to tell Dorothea.  I'm not sure what, or how much, or how to say it, but she needs to know Jess is having sex.  And I need to talk to her about that face-to-face.  I'm pretty sure she'll be cool about it, she's a far more level-headed parent than I am.  But I'm dreading that conversation with her almost more than I am the one with Jess.

I've also decided I'm going to tell Cate what happened.  It was in our home, and she has a right to know too. Hell, what if she had been the one to walk through that door?  Jess probably would have needed therapy, ha ha.  And I know she won't breathe a word to Jess, she won't even give him the slightest clue she knows what happened.  If there's one thing my wife is good at, it's keeping secrets.  She's been doing it all her life.  Hell she probably knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried and she ain't telling me a damned thing, ha ha.

The weather's even crappier here today than it was yesterday, if that's possible.  I was going to hit the gym... but fuck it.   I'm gonna go crawl back in bed with Cate and sleep some more.  I need to relax and get some rest.  And the best way to do that is cuddled up to her.

3 comments:

  1. Jon so far I think you are on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the right ideas, he just needs to execute them properly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon, trust the 2 women in your life to help you. Dorothea needs to know that Jesse is sexually active, and Cate needs to know what goes on, so she inadvertantly doesn't say something to embarass Jesse.

    ReplyDelete