Saturday, February 26

8:15 pm
Hotel

Sitting here watching Cate get dressed up to go out.  She's taking me out to one of her favorite places tonight.  Someplace one of her Secret Service pals turned her on to a few years ago.  Someplace she guarantees we won't be noticed or bothered.

That's a good thing.  Usually when I come to DC I don't really get bothered, but the whole time I feel like I'm being stalked.  This city is so full of self-important people who like to have information but not share it.

I'm sure I'll show up in the gossip column tomorrow morning, though.  Every time I order a damned fish sandwich in the hotel restaurant it makes the fucking Washington Post.

But I'm intrigued about this place of Cate's.  She won't tell me where it is or even what kind of place it is.  She just told me to wear a jacket, and she's actually putting on a dress.  Must be pretty nice. Wearing a dress is not something my wife does often, ha ha.

But she looks gorgeous.  The dress is new; she must have gotten it when I was up in Canada because I don't remember seeing it in her closet before.  It's a sexy little black halter number, backless, with a kind of flowy skirt.

And she's wearing the first piece of jewelry I ever gave her.  That sterling Maltese cross that was mine, the one I gave her a couple days after we met at the Center.  Every time I see it around her neck it just warms my heart.

I'm so glad she came with me.  I'm looking forward to a night out on the town with my lovely wife, acting like a normal married couple.  Maybe we'll be able to find a dark corner somewhere and have a little romantic interlude.

I like that idea.  A lot.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Jon, you've recovered from Friday night yet? That was UN effing Believable show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm... sounds like a lot of foreplay... so you can have the night of your life :) (Sambora/Jovi Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I haven't commented lately, I have been out in Raleigh and now have a cold. I have been reading and keeping up! Loving it each day! Curious to where Cate is taking Jon tonight!

    ReplyDelete