Friday, May 6

12:40 am
Terace

Hard 2 write song in Spanish when you dont speak spanish and you drikn margarittas

sombrero helps, ha haha

9:15 am
Kitchen

Scrambled eggs, wheat toast, tomato juice.  And a side of Motrin.

Well, last night was a bit of unexpected fun.  No, a LOT of unexpected fun.  Note to Self:  Watch Cate make the margaritas next time.  I think they were about 90% tequila.  And somewhere around midnight we finished our second pitcher.

She's so cute, my Cate.  Threw me a little surprise welcome home Cinco de Mayo party on our terrace.  Just the two of us.  Ordered in fajitas from my favorite little cantina.  She beat me home; when I walked in the door she dropped a sombrero on my head and stuck a margarita in my hand and led me outside to see her handiwork.  She went all-out, had the whole terrace decorated up.  The plants, the table, the loungers, everything.  There were candles everywhere and a fire in the pit.  She even got those strings of colored paper lantern-looking lights and a pinata.

Looking back, the pinata may not have been the best idea.  Us stumbling around whacking at things with a baseball bat at 1 am probably wasn't real smart.  Thankfully the patio furniture escaped unscathed.  The pinata's still out there though.  Apparently our aim wasn't great.  But we did enjoy taking turns stumbling around blindfolded, heh heh.

At least Cate didn't just try to shoot it, ha ha.  That would have gone over well with the neighbors.

We ate and talked and cuddled and sang and laughed... I tried to teach her a little more guitar but she kept distracting me (naughty Wifey).  So I just played for her.  I love the way she looks at me when I play.  She just glows with happiness.

Then we started dancing.  That was all well and good until I got all festive and turned on the mariachi music.  Cate did appreciate the maracas recital, but apparently my Mexican hat dance skills suck.  Well, so do hers.  But I gotta say, her Mexican Hat Dance striptease skills are outstanding.  Heh heh.

Woke up this morning with a sombrero squashed under my pillow.  And somehow a maraca made it under the covers, down to the foot of the bed.  Just one--no idea where the other one is.  Yeah, things got a little crazy last night, ha ha.

And  I have other evidence of our silliness too... I'm not sure who started it but my money's on Cate.  I have a bunch of new tattoos.  Second Note to Self:  Keep Cate away from Sharpies when she's looped.

I have a red heart (no dagger) drawn around my right nipple.  And a sorta-smirk on my stomach, with my belly button for its nose.  She drew smiles on my knees too, and my steer skull now has a speech bubble that says "Moo."  Goofy Girl.

Oh, and I discovered this morning when I stepped out of the shower that there's a big red target drawn on my right ass cheek with the words "Bite Me" under it.  Don't remember that one, suspect it may be post-coital/pass-out mischief.  And I'm pretty sure she did bite me there.  There's a big purple bruise right about in the center of that target.  Leave it to my Wife to give me an ass-hickey when I'm not capable of reciprocating, ha ha.

At least she didn't shave my eyebrows.  Probably would have if I didn't have shows this weekend.

My favorite new "tat" is the one Cate drew on my forearm, right above my wrist.  It says "Property of Mrs. Bongiovi."  That made me smile this morning, when I woke up and looked at that.  I gotta figure out how to scrub most of these other ones off before the show tonight, but I'm gonna leave that one.

I did my share of ink-work on Cate, too.  She's working from home today; was in the shower when I staggered into the bathroom this morning.  So of course I had to slip in there and say Good Morning.  She has little purple flowers around both her nipples and multicolor stars on her tummy.  I also drew little circles of flowers and vines around her ankles.  They look pretty good, maybe I should take up tattoo art as a hobby.

But I also drew something on Cate's shoulder that looks rather like a turd with eyes and feet.  When I asked what the fuck that thing is Cate laughed and told me it's Russell.

Damned imaginary pets... stuck in my tequila-soaked brain.  Ha ha.

Cate said she's washing most her Sharpie-Tats off too, but she's keeping one that makes me smile.  It's on her stomach, right below her delicious little pierced navel.  I drew a cute little smiley-faced baby, with a little curl on her head.  Right over the place where our cute little smiley-faced baby will be growing soon.

Or maybe even now.

That thought makes me happy.

Okay, breakfast done, time to hit the eliptical and sweat out some of that damned tequila.  Then I gotta de-tattoo myself and find some nail polish remover and un-paint my toenails.

Troublemaker, my Wife.

4:25 pm
Venue

Cate just got here with Jesse the Girls.  Dorothea's bringing the Chuckles out later.  Divide and conquer I guess, ha ha.

Steph wanted to make this a girls' night out with her friends.  That means no boyfriends, aka no Brendan.  That's fine with me.  I like Brendan, he's a good kid, but it's a little distracting to be onstage and look over and see my daughter wrapped around her boyfriend.  Makes me feel like I need to keep an eye on what they're doing.

You can never quite take the Dad out of the RockStar, ha ha.

So it's Steph and three of her friends.  I felt a little sorry for Jess, riding over here in the estrogen-mobile, ha ha.  When he texted me earlier that he was coming out with Steph I asked him why he doesn't just wait and drive over with his mother and brothers, so the car wouldn't be so crowded.  He never answered me, but when they all arrived I figured it out.

Bridget's here.

That's my Boy, heh heh. Apparently she's talking to Jess now, at least.  No more cold shoulder.

Maybe I'll see if I can do a little something special tonight, try to help the Kid out.

Cate told me to behave.  Yes, Dear.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're not too hung over to shake your assets tonight! ROFLMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, also, appreciate the maraccas recital on KTF!! Hope you're out of Tequila's hung tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattoo of Russell....too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO at the tats!
    Jonny, what color are your toe nails? Are they black like Steven Tyler's?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The line that made me laugh out loud? Why this one of course:

    Okay, breakfast done, time to hit the eliptical and sweat out some of that damned tequila. Then I gotta de-tattoo myself and find some nail polish remover and un-paint my toenails.


    Hope didn't scare the neighbor next door. She's in her 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have Prism's Night To Remember playing in my head. LOL!

    ReplyDelete