Tuesday, May 31

8:15 am
Kitchen

Waiting for Cate to finish getting ready.  Got an insane day today -- places to go, errands to run, shit to pick up and drop off, Chuckleheads to wrangle.

As soon as my Wife gets her shit together we're off to Steph's school for the Senior Awards ceremony and brunch.  Once we're done there I have to go pick up my and Jesse's tuxedos for the Prom.

Cate thought I was crazy when I told her I was renting a tux, considering I have about 10 of 'em in my closet.  But then I told her why, and she got it.  She still thinks I'm nuts, but she's on board.

After I go to the tux shop I gotta pick up part of Steph's grad present from Tiffany.  That will take about an hour since Cate will be with me, ha ha.  She's not a jewelry girl, but she always gets sucked into looking at the cases in there.  Which is fine by me; gives me ideas what to get her for special occasions.  Or just because.

After Tiffany its back to the other school to collect Jakey and Romey, then we gotta entertain them for a few hours until we go back to Dorothea's.  We collect everybody else up there and all go out to dinner for a family celebration of Steph's birthday.

Well, family plus Brendan.  I'm not ready to consider him family yet.

After that it's home and jammies and bedtime, plus I need to talk to Jess about Prom groundrules.  Apparently he's kept his mouth shut and his nose clean the last few days while I was gone; he's even been helping out around the house.  Dorothea said she doesn't know what got into him, but she's glad.

I know what got into him.  Bridget.  Or at least he's doing his damndest to get into her.  Ha ha.

Finally after all that it's home for me and Cate, probably to collapse from exhaustion.  Then we get up and begin again tomorrow.  Well, the Girls do, anyway.

Cate's taking Steph and her friends to the salon tomorrow; they gotta do all that hair and makeup and nails shit to get ready for the Big Prom Night.  Basically all I gotta do is shower and shave, ha ha.  And confirm the limo.  That should be easy enough.

But first we gotta make it through today.  Which we won't be able to do if my Wife doesn't HURRY THE FUCK UP!


11:40 pm
Bed

Holy Shit.  I'm completely fucking wiped out.

I'm too old for this Involved Dad shit.  Keeping up with Steph is impossible.

And Christ, there are three more right behind her.

What the fuck ever made Dorothea and me think FOUR kids was a good idea?

At least I'll have a decade or so to recover between Romeo's graduation madness and Little Roxy's.

Yep, Roxy.

I'll convince Cate.  Just gimme time.

No comments:

Post a Comment