Monday, May 2

9:15 pm
Living Room

On the couch with Cate.  Actually thinking about moving to the other couch, away from Cate.  We're watching the Bruins-Flyers game and she's on the verge of violence.

Excuse Me.  Flyers-Bruins.

My Wife is such a Guy sometimes, ha ha.

But she's all woman when it counts.  That's for damned sure.

She looks cute tonight in her little ponytail and her orange and black. She dug around in Jesse's closet and came up with an old Flyers jersey.  To which she promptly staked her claim.  Jess ain't getting that one back, ha ha.

Cate just gave me her little smirk and said "Oh, writing in your diary there, huh?"  She never asks me what I'm writing about, but I know she tries to guess by my expression and my body language.  Cate and her damned cop skills, ha ha.  Plus she cheats.  She peeks over my shoulder when she's sitting beside me.

I don't mind.  I know she'd never read it behind my back.  She'd consider that to be crossing a line.  She'd never want me to do that to her, invade her privacy like that.  So she won't do it to me.

Besides, there's nothing in these books I have to hide.  I mean yeah, they're my personal thoughts, but still... I'd tell her everything in here if she wanted to know.

I'm not saying I wouldn't get in trouble for some of it......

Anyway, after Cate basically accused me of being a Diary-Writing Teenage Girl she asked me if I ever played hockey.  I told her yeah, all the time.  Air Hockey, down at Castano's Pizza Parlor, after school when I was a kid.  She called me a SmartAss, said I knew what she meant.

Yeah, I tried to pay hockey a few times.  I sucked at it.  By the time I was in high school I was too little to keep up with those big bruisers, either on the football field or the ice.  Nope, music was the only way for a runt like me to be Cool, ha ha.

I just asked her why she wanted to know if I played hockey.  She gave me that sexy little grin that tells me she has some sort of fetish fantasy or something going on in that twisted, dirty little mind of hers.  Fuck, I'll run out to Modell's and buy damned Goalie gear if that's what she wants.  I'm game.  If I leave now I can be back by the end of third period, heh heh.

Then they'll probably go into fucking OT like that damned Rangers game.

I'm glad I decided to wait 'til tomorrow to fly up to Ottawa.  A few extra hours with My Girl is always a good thing.

Today's been special.  I'm glad I was home to share it with my Wife.  Last night Cate and I lay in bed and watched the President tell the world Bin Laden was finally dead.  It was stunning, fantastic news.  Like millions around the world we flipped around the channels for awhile, watching all the news coverage.  Then we just couldn't help ourselves.  We got up and got dressed and went to Ground Zero.

What an amazing experience.  Nobody noticed me, everybody was so caught up in the patriotic pride and relief and emotion of the moment.  There were already thousands there by the time we made it down, we couldn't get very close to the site.  But that was fine.  Just being there was what mattered.

I just stood there and held my Wife and sang God Bless America and the National Anthem along with my fellow Americans.  Somebody gave Cate and me little flags.  I'm taking one on the road with me for the rest of this tour.

I'll forever remember last night, especially when Cate slipped her arms around my waist and put her cheek to my chest and hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe.  And then she called me her Hero.

Not even close.  She's the heroic one.  She's the one who served.  Who continues to serve.

Anyway, today I was pretty much glued to the news, like probably everybody else.  Went down to Cate's office to meet her for lunch, hung out with a couple of the guys for awhile.  Felt good to be there, like I belonged somehow, even though I'm way too much of a wimp to ever do what those Special Agents do, ha ha.  Especially the SWAT guys.

Yep, runts like me need to just stick to shakin' our asses and singin' Rock and Roll Music, ha ha.  Know your limitations.

But I'm sure glad I get to sleep with a Cop every night, heh heh.  God Bless America.

OW!  I get to sleep with her assuming she doesn't beat the crap outta me before this damned hockey game is over, ha ha.

I may need that Goalie Gear.  Better keep the stick away from her though.

Then again, I gotta Big Stick to give her, heh heh.

C'mere Baby... ever heard of full-contact naked tackle hockey?

2 comments:

  1. "full-contact naked tackle hockey"
    Wouldn't ya freeze your assets on that ice?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yep, runts like me need to just stick to shakin' our asses and singin' Rock and Roll Music, ha ha. Know your limitations."

    You better not limit yourself in Montreal on Wednesday Jon! I'll be there and watching you up close!! LOL

    ReplyDelete