Saturday, May 7

11:15 am
Patio

It's Party Central out here, ha ha.

We all came out to the Hamptons house after the show last night.  That's where the big shindig is tomorrow, Jakey's Superhero birthday party.

Gonna be a big-ass party, from the looks of things.

Jake's the Man of the Hour.  His birthday today.  It's kinda rare that I'm home for the actual day of his birthday, so he's hanging with me today. All day.  He gets to do anything he wants up until it's time to head for Mohegan.  And of course he's going to the show too.  He loves to torment Rew.  Think that might be the highlight of his birthday, fucking with my crew, ha ha.

So far he's taking full advantage of the King-for-a-Day thing.  Started out with ice cream-and chocolate-sauce-topped pancakes for breakfast, ha ha. That may prove to be a tactical error.

Especially later on the chopper to the show.  Yikes.

Dorothea's in major last-minute party-director mode.  I'm just staying the Hell out of the way.  Cate took Romeo to the petting zoo to get him out from underfoot.  Later the Boys are coming with Cate and me to the show while D and Steph and Steph's friends stay here and finish helping D with the party stuff.  Then I guess Steph and her pals are going to some fashion event here in the Village.  Don't know what; that's Dorothea's domain.

I think Jesse wants to stay here to stay close to Bridget.  He's been unusually chipper and helpful today.  That's pretty amazing considering it's before noon and he's actually up and dressed and his hair's combed and he's forming sentences instead of just grunting, ha ha.

The Kid's working hard to get back in that Girl's good graces, that's for damned sure.  He still hasn't gotten up the guts to sing for her, though.  I think he's gonna chicken out.  We'll see what happens.

Jakey's birthday gift was delivered out here yesterday.  God Bless Obie for helping track it down and getting everything together; all I had to do the other day was go out to Palmyra, check it out, and pay the bill.  Guess Obie is good for something, ha ha.

And a big box from Uncle Mookie arrived this morning, too.  A BIG box.  He obviously set up the delivery last week, before he went in.  If it's what I think it is Richie better stay holed up in rehab.  Dorothea's gonna kill him.  At least in there he has protection, ha ha.

Alright, time to put down the pen and get moving.  Got stuff to do with the Birthday Boy.

4:50 pm
Venue

Sonofabitch!

Fucking Groucho Glasses AGAIN!

EVERYBODY has 'em!  Even my Wife and Kids!  Jake and Romeo are both darting around with giant plastic noses and fuzzy eyebrows and moustaches.  They think it's hilarious that everybody's pretending nothing's up.  I saw Jesse take a picture with his iPhone of himself wearing them and text it to somebody.  Bridget, maybe.  Hell, she's probably wearing those damned glasses, back at my House.

There was an abandoned pair laying on a folding chair in the Underworld earlier.  I thought "Fine, I'm gonna play this game too."  Figured I'd wear them out onstage for soundcheck like the rest of the Idiots.  I went to pick 'em up and Romeo shrieked at me.  Turns out they weren't abandoned.  Russell was wearing them.

Damned weasel.  Even he's fucking with me.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what Uncle Mookie offered!! Love the comment about Jesse being up before noon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's driving ME nuts wanting to know what the damn glasses are about!! But it's nice that Russell's being included LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little peek into Jon's world you've created for us. Its so touching & amusing at the same time. And I'm sure Rich would remember Jake's birthday too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I almost lost it at Mohegan when I saw 2 blonde kids in plastic black sunglasses! Thanx Catte!

    ReplyDelete