Wednesday, May 11

11:45 am
Cate’s Room

This is why Matty hates me.  Last-minute shit like this that throws his security plans into a tailspin.

Well, there are probably other reasons too, ha ha.

Told him right before I went onstage last night to get me a train ticket to Chicago.  Cate ain’t the only one who can pull off surprise hotel-room booty calls, ha ha. 

He looked like he wanted to punch me in the mouth.  He hated that idea.  He’s not about to let me out of his sight, let alone cross state lines all by myself when we’re between shows.  So he had to come with me. 

X overheard my travel plans and asked if he could hitch along too, to visit some pals.  I said sure, the more the merrier.  I told Matty to get 3 tickets and charge it to my card.  After all, it was personal business, not company.  Very personal.  Ha ha.

Yeah, sometimes it sucks to be the Chief of Security.  And my little brother.

But he did it.  Got us booked on the midnight Acela.  Rolled into Chicago in the dead of night, caught a cab to Cate’s hotel.  X took off to wherever he was going, said he’ll catch up with us at the hotel tomorrow.

Cate was surprised, to say the least.  And delighted.  Though she sounded a little pissed when she picked up the phone at 2 am. But she quickly forgave me for waking her when I told her to open the door.

She didn’t want to go back to sleep, either.  Heh heh.  Not that I was gonna let her.

Talk about One Wild Night.  That woman has stamina.   I tested out her allegation too, that me singing Roadhouse makes her hot.  Turns out it does.  She don’t lie, my Wife.  Heh heh.

Unfortunately she had a 9 am meeting with some government lawyers, so I had to let her get at least a little sleep.  She’s not on vampire time like me.  This morning she tried to sneak out of bed without waking me up, but no such luck.  Superman heard her in the shower and was wide awake.

When she finally dashed out of the room a half-hour late I went back to sleep for a couple hours then got up and hit the gym.  Then I ordered up brunch.  Cate was supposed to check out today but she called and extended her reservation for a day so I wasn’t bothered.

It’s fun sneaking around undercover.  Though a Dude in the gym recognized me.  At least it wasn’t a chick.  So far as I know I’m still flying under the radar.

I probably should find Matt and tell him the plan for this afternoon.  Cate’s coming back when her meeting’s over and we’re gonna go shopping and out to dinner.  She’s catching a later flight out of O’Hare so we can spend a little time together. 

I wish she didn’t have to go home but she’s gotta be there to catch the bus for Jesse’s field trip tomorrow.  Busy woman, my Cate.

As for me… I got a whole evening with nothin’ much to do.  Have to see who’s in town, maybe catch a show or something.  Maybe hit the clubs.  Hang with Matt.

Bet he’ll love that, ha ha.





2 comments:

  1. Poor Matt, he's gonna go bonkers before this tour is over if you keep changing your travel plans on split second notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catte!!!!
    Please update!
    withdrawal HURTS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete