Thursday, May 5

10:05 am
Plane

Going home.  Can't wait to get there.  Lots to do, lots to do.

Gotta go pick up a birthday present for Jake.  Know exactly what I'm gonna get him.  Can't wait to see the look on his face.  He's gonna love it.  Well see if his Mama does, ha ha.

It's a little bigger gift than usual, but I feel like I've been kinda neglecting the poor kid lately.  I've been spending so much time and attention with Jess and Steph and Romeo's been practically glued to my side, unless he's with Cate.  Jake's just kinda been doing his own thing, hanging out with his brother when I'm with them.

He and I haven't done much one-on-one lately, and there won't be a lot of time for that the next few weeks.  Or months.  But I'm gonna be here for his birthday, and I'm gonna be damned sure I make it special.

Dorothea's got the party well in hand for Sunday.  Superhero theme.  Wonder if I should go in costume?  I can get myself a Superman cape.  Already got the undies, ha ha.

Maybe Cate should wear her Wonder Woman costume.  Or maybe not.  Not exactly kid's-birthday-party appropriate, ha ha.

I'll throw a private party for her to wear it to.  A party in my privates.  Heh heh.

I also need to pick up something for Dorothea, for Mother's Day.  Least I can do is buy her something pretty for going through the torture of bearing and and raising my kids, ha ha.  Gonna get something special for Cate too.  She may not be a Mama yet, but we're working on it.  Hopefully by next Mother's Day I'll be shopping for two.

Gotta figure out something for Mom too.  She'll be at the party, so I can't exactly send flowers.  Dammit.  So much for the easy way out.

Alright, time to plow through this paperwork so when this plane goes wheels-down I can bolt out of here and get on to the important stuff.

7:45 pm
Terrace

Sitting outside on a beautiful spring night, feet up to the fire pit, belly full of fajitas, drinking margaritas and grinning at how damned sexy my Wife looks in a Sombrero, ha ha.

Any reason for a party, eh Baby?  Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too.

Maybe I'll break out the maracas later, show you some of my Party Moves.

Heh heh.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, would be nice if Cate could give him "very special Fathers Day news" in June....

    OK, Jonny, when ya getting that big gift for Jakey, make sure you think it through! So Dot won't have to kill ya!!!

    ReplyDelete