Monday, May 16

11:05 pm
My Room

I'm being a Good Boy.  Calling it an early night.  Here I am Deep in the Heart of Texas, with all these great nightspots to visit and and beautiful women to look at, and I'm taking a pass.  Gonna just lay here in bed and watch a movie and go to sleep.  Eventually.

Betcha can see my halo shining from outside the window, ha ha.

It's been a good day.  Had another Listening Session with Mike today, with more amazing kids.  Man, there were some really sad stories there.  Shockingly sad.  But also so uplifting and inspiring.  I'm really glad I got involved in this project.  Reminds me again of how lucky I am and how we all have a responsibility to help our brothers and sisters.  I'm sure trying to do my part.

Speaking of helping my Brother, had a nice surprise today.  Richie sent me an email.  Since he's past the roughest part of inpatient now he's able to have a little contact with family.  It's part of his therapy, talking about dealing with real life and the world.  It made me feel good that he thought of me as "family" and used some of his time to let me know he's thinking of me.  Of all of us.

He's more my brother than my actual brothers.  I miss Richie so damned much it hurts.  But I also understand he has to do this.  I want him to do this.  I want him to be well and happy and at peace with himself.

Had to smile when I read the part about him being a Rehab Rebel.  He was told not to look at anything about the tour, no photos, reviews, YouTubes, anything like that.  But he obviously snuck a peek -- he teased me about "playing with dolls" in Columbus, ha ha.  And he made some unnecessarily smutty comment about me not having him to "play with" on the road.  Hey, now!

I don't mind a bit.  Good to see a little sense of humor in that email.  I could almost hear him laughing, see that goofy grin of his.  It will be great to see it in person.

He also asked if I've knocked Cate up yet.  Sadly, no such luck.  She got her period today.  That bummed me out a little, I was hoping we would get this little baby-growing project underway.  But I guess it's to be expected that it might take a couple tries.  After all, my swimmers were corralled upstream for quite awhile.

We'll just have to keep trying.

Talked to Dorothea a little bit tonight, about Jess.  No word yet on what's gonna happen regarding the Beer Bust in DC.  He and the others had to go to the Dean's office today, basically were scolded and told a decision would be forthcoming.  Considering the school year is almost over  I'm not real sure what the Dean can do -- they can't have the kids miss final exams.

Thank God Dorothea's dealing with that and I get to avoid it, at least for another week.  Yeah, that's chicken-shit of me, I know.  But she's always done the heavy lifting with the Kids when it comes to school; I do best just to stay out of her way and agree with her.  And I usually do agree with whatever decision she comes up with.  She's way smarter than me.  I'm great at backing her up.  I just don't want to make the call.

I think Cate's relieved to be able to step out of that whole situation now.  She said she still had a fantastic time on the trip and she feels like she and Jesse really strengthened their bond.  He told her in the car when she was taking him back to D's that he doesn't blame her for what happened; it was his stupid fuck-up and he was gonna be man enough to deal with the consequences.  He also thanked her for not telling the teachers until they were out of town.

Jess obviously understands the gravity of the situation.  He may have made a boneheaded mistake, but at least he gets it.  I'm proud of him for that.  And I'm glad he doesn't hold a grudge against Cate for enforcing the rules.

Not so sure if Steph was in his shoes things would be the same.  I'd like to think she'd be mature and understanding of the situation and Cate's responsibility as an adult chaperone, and an officer of the law to boot.  Then again, she's a girl and has all those crazy hormones.  Never know what the fuck they're gonna do.

Anyway, everybody's back where they belong, dealing with another Monday.  Except me.  I'm still out here on the road, singing for my supper.  But just for another week, then I'm home again and ready to play husband and Daddy.

Four more shows.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Im so happy Jon's Journal is back up, nice surprise to come back to after having pc problems for a few days ....finally caught up on my daily fix ;)
    Cant wait for more.

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, Superman did not live up to expectations this month...But a Father's Day surprise might be nice!

    ReplyDelete