Wednesday, May 25

4:50 pm
Hope Community Center

Waiting for Jess to finish up his volunteer work.  He's got another hour; thought I'd come hang out and help out a little bit.

He's done good here the last couple days.  Yolanda has been really impressed with Jess; she's told me over and over how respectful, hardworking, and generous he is.  He better be.  His Mama and I raised him right.

And Jess better appreciate me going to bat for him, too.  I talked to Dorothea earlier today about letting Jesse go to Prom.  It went about how I expected; she was suspicious and called me a pushover.  I didn't tell her the whole story about Bridget and this Kayla Girl, I want to keep that between Jesse and me.  So I just shut up and took my lumps and stood my ground.

She's thinking about it.  We're gonna talk more about it later tonight, when I drop Jess off.  I really hope this doesn't become a drawn-out battle.  I gotta get home and pack.  Cate and I have a flight to Vegas in the morning.  Not first-thing, but early enough.  I was hoping we could get our stuff together tonight and maybe have a little wine and whoopee out on the patio, then sleep in a bit tomorrow morning.  God knows we won't be sleeping much once we hit Sin City.

I've missed Cate these last couple nights.  Don't like sleeping in our bed all alone.  It's one thing to be by myself in some cookie-cutter hotel suite, but in my own bed... I need my Wife there.

Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

Especially if I have to go home and lick my wounds after showing-down with Dorothea, ha ha.

9:45 pm
Kitchen

Well, Jesse's going to Prom.

And so am I.

It's the only way Dorothea would agree -- if I said I would chaperone.

Wonder if I can get a date at this short notice, ha ha.  Maybe if I shag her first she'll say yes.....

4 comments:

  1. "Well, Jesse's going to Prom.

    And so am I."

    LMAO! But did someone already told that Steph? I'm sure she won't be happy having Daddy around on her prom-night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Chaperone. Are most of the girls gonna have eyes on him rather than their dates? Should be an amusing night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be interesting! Poor Steph in this situation I think...her brother with one of her friends and her Dad...geesh! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO!!!
    If the word gets out that Jon will chaperone the prom...ALL the mothers will be there too!!! Poor kids....

    ~Bayaderra (who is having issues with Blogger)

    ReplyDelete