Sunday, June 26

5:25 am
Terrace

I.
Am.
A.
Golden.
God.

Okay, maybe not.  At least not according to my Wife.

But I sure as fuck rocked the SHIT out of Hyde Park tonight.  Or last night, whatever.  All of us did.  This band kicked that crowd's ass.  With a one-legged drum major for a singer, no less.  Ha ha.

American Fucking Rock and Roll, Baby.

Cate and I just got back from the afterparty.  It's getting light outside.  Living the full-on Rock Star life tonight.  Party 'til the sun comes up.

I'm buzzed and wide awake.  I was good, Cate wouldn't let me drink much with my meds, but we had to celebrate.  Nothing better than an adrenaline high, 6 hours after you come offstage.

Even Cate was in awe of our show tonight.  She's seen us play a million times -- the good, the bad, and the downright ugly.  She says this was damn close to the best we've ever been.  "Electric," she said.  Feels good.

I got a real kick out of watching my Wife today.  All the shows and bullshit awards ceremonies and stuff she's been to with me, she still gets so starstruck.  She was completely captivated by Ray Davies today, and I thought she was gonna swoon when she met Rod Stewart.  Gonna be fun to go watch his show with her later tonight.

Of course, Rod the Bod is no Slash, but still.  He's quite the Scottish Gentleman.  For a dirty old man, ha ha. But he had my Wife giggling and blushing like a silly schoolgirl.  He's still got it, after all this time.

Hmm.  Naughty Schoolgirl Cate.  I like that idea.  Heh heh.

Maybe I should sing a little Rod to Cate when she comes out of the bathroom.  Do a little dirty dancing with her out here on the terrace.  Maybe a little Hot Legs.

Or Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?  Ha ha.  Betcha I can guess her answer to that question.

I know I'm gonna crash pretty soon, but I'm not ready yet.  Wanna enjoy this a little longer, wanna share it with my Baby, just us.  Now that we're done with the public party it's time for the private one.

I got a little slip of paper in my pocket that the Missus needs to check out.  And let me demonstrate.  I made sure to keep this one, have been carrying it around since the show's over, ready to whip it out when I could steal Cate for a moment alone.  Which didn't happen 'til now.  

"A cunning linguist is popular in any language," it says.  Heh heh.  That's really fucking dirty.  I'm liking these crazy-ass fortune cookies a little more every day.

And I'm multilingual, Baby.  Heh heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment