Sunday, June 5

12:55 am
Bedroom

I leave for Europe in less than 24 hours.

I don't want to go.


11:40 pm
Plane

Off I go again.  For a long damned time this time.  Two months.

Gonna fly all night, wake up across the pond.  The jetlag's gonna fucking kill me, and my back's already starting to hurt.

Fuck.  It sucks to be old.

I miss my kids already.  I miss my wife even more.  I won't get to see her for three long damned weeks.

I tried my best to convince Cate to take a leave of absence from work and come with me, but she couldn't do it.  Too much going on with her cases, and she's got a Grand Jury coming up in the next week or two.  She said the best she could give me was a "conjugal visit" in London.

I'll take what I can get.

The only positive to this whole crappy day is that I'm sitting across from Richie.  He looks fantastic, sounds even better.  Very relaxed, very "up."  And dying to get back on a stage.  It made me smile to see that big goofy grin of his in person.  I've talked to him on the phone a good bit the last few days, but it just ain't the same.

I missed ya, Brother.

One last leg.  Then we can all just go to bed for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww...that's one of the many things I love about Jon...he's a TRUE Pisces!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are waiting for you in Europe, Jon! :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK Jonny, we'll take good care of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this part! "It made me smile to see that big goofy grin of his in person." =)

    Made me smile reading it! =)

    ReplyDelete