Wednesday, June 15

3:40 pm
Suite

Getting ready to head to the venue.

Just talked to Romey -- he's all excited about the new pictures of Russell I sent.  He got 3 of 'em today.  One was from last night, Russell eating dinner with us (he liked the smoked herring, ha ha).  Another one was from today of him working out in the gym with me.  Romey was a little concerned about that one, told me to be careful that Russell doesn't get his tail caught in the treadmill.  I told him that's Dean's job, to keep an eye on Russell.  When he's not spotting Russell doing bench presses, that is.  Ha ha.

The third pic is the one that totally freaked Romey out.  I ran into the Ferret Lady again.  Last night we saw a couple more people walking around with ferrets, and we all just kinda shrugged and thought WTF?  Then I got on the elevator this morning with Matt and Dean to go down to the gym.  It stopped a couple floors down, and there she was.  Tall blonde, dressed to the nines, carrying all three of those fuzzy little weasels.  They had on their little pink harnesses and leashes again.

She got on the elevator and I couldn't resist asking her about them.  She obviously had no fucking idea who I am, which was fine, but she was very nice.  Her name was Anya. Turns out she's from Austria, in Oslo for -- get this -- a Ferret Show.  People actually breed and show those things!  Apparently this is a pretty big show, about 500 ferrets or so.  When I told Richie he laughed and called it "Weasel Westminster."  Like the dog show in NYC.

Wonder if the ferrets at this show fetch and run an obstacle course and all that stuff?  Ha ha.  Maybe I'll tell Romeo they do so he'll train Russell.

This Anya lady said she has over 40 ferrets, but these 3 were her big prizewinners.  The white long-haired one is actually an Angora Ferret.  I had no idea there were such things.  Gotta admit, they were pretty cute.

And she was nice enough to let me take a picture of her pets.  And to let me hold one while Matt took my pic, so I could send it to Romey.  I held the long-haired one, which was a girl named Lisl.  Russell tucked right up beside her on my arm, ha ha.  See?  I told Romeo Russell was gonna meet chicks on this tour, ha ha.

Dorothea said Romey freaked when he saw that picture, and she did a little too.  Said I better not be bringing one of those damned things home with me.  No worries, apparently they're pretty hard to bring from Europe to the States because of customs laws.  Besides, the imaginary one is keeping me busy enough--I don't need to take care of a real one for the rest of the tour.

So I guess I'll know what the deal is if attendance is down at our show tonight.  Everybody will be at FerretPalooza.

7:25 pm
Dressing Room

Today's cookie:  "You deserve a spanking."

WTF?

4 comments:

  1. FerretPalooza.... no comments on this or I might get hurt by the PETA...

    And as far as the cookies go...I smell Cate's hand in them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bayaderra, I smell Cate all over this one. I do know there is a bakery in NYC that makes specialty Fortune Cookies. It was on Food Network.

    Jon better key an eye on Russell that he doesn't sneak out and End up making imaginary baby ferret's with Lisl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chapter got me laughing from beginning to end! Better watch Russell! He will be a Daddy before Jon and Cate get pregnant!! Good work, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does it seem like Cate conspired with Dawn to have "special" fortunes made for his cookies! Haha!

    ReplyDelete