Friday, July 15

2:20 am
Suite

Date with Cate.  My favorite part of the day.

So I told her about my fortune cookie.  How yesterday I got this really, really dirty one, then today I got one that said something about not liking my clothes.  And how now I know it can't be Dawn fucking with my cookies because she'd never say something about my wardrobe.

Cate laughed so hard I thought she was gonna hyperventilate.  Then she called me an Idiot.

When she explained it to me, I felt like an Idiot.  Today's cookie was about me being naked, not about my clothes being ugly.

Well that makes more sense, considering how dirty some of these damned fortunes have gotten.

I still think it's Lemma.  Though I don't know how he's doing it.  Cate just shook her head and told me I'm spending WAY too much time thinking about this.

Maybe she's right.

Anyway, I got other stuff to focus on now.  Like Cate.  She's feeling a little better, her wrist isn't bothering her too bad but it hurts a little.  She said she has some super-Motrin for it but she's not taking it.  I know she hates taking medicine, she barely took the stuff she was prescribed for her broken ribs after she got beat up.  She just guts it out.

Of course I scolded her and told her she better take her meds and take care of herself because I want her to be 100% when she gets here in a couple weeks.  'Cause she's gonna need ALL her energy to keep up with me in bed, ha ha.

But when she told me why she doesn't wanna take her drugs I got such a huge stupid grin on my face I could hardly talk.

Her period's late.

Not by much -- just a few days.  She told me not to get too excited or get my hopes up; nothing's for sure yet.  She's not even gonna take a test until she's a full week late.  But she's usually regular as clockwork and she can feel it coming a couple days out.  All those great PMS symptoms -- backache, bloating, sore tits, moodiness... she gets 'em.  Especially the moodiness, ha ha.

But Cate says she feels great right now.  Except for her wrist, of course.

Fuck worrying about these damned cookies.  My Baby may have MY cookie in her oven, ha ha.

And I can't wait to see her and kiss her tummy.

6:50 pm
Suite

Had a little lunch date with my Baby today.  She has a "paperwork day" so she decided to go home for lunch and telework from there for the rest of the day.  She Skyped me from home, we had a nice little chat.

She's feeling good today, her wrist doesn't really hurt.  Just the wrap annoying her.  She's not using the sling either.  And still no sign of Aunt Flo.

I think this is it.  I can just feel it.  Little Roxy's in there.

Anyway, my silly Wife was in a good mood, felt like teasing me a little.  She had music playing in the background when she called.  Duffy.  Mercy.

And she made cue cards with the lyrics for me.  She held 'em up and sang along.  And she told me she changed the ringtone on her phone to me fucking up the words the other night in Germany.

Smartass.  She's been on YouTube again.

Anyway, our lunch date was a nice little surprise in an otherwise kinda slow day.  Going out in a minute to do a little shopping then go to dinner with the guys.  Maybe I'll pick up something pretty for Cate.  And for Roxy.

And now I'm gonna be singing that fucking song all Goddamned night.

You got me beggin' you for Mercy....

5 comments:

  1. Don't get your hope up too soon Jon. Cate is in her 40s....things get a bit irregular at this point anyways. But I agree with Cate, and would not take anything except Tylenol just in case... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my baby may have my cookie in her oven" that line is too funny but very appropriate! aw, looks like Jonny may be a daddy again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how much I look forward to reading this every day. Your ideas are so funmy and creative. I blew it tho! I just read Fridays tonight, so will have nuttin tomorrow! Oh well, got my usual chuckle out of Jons Journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah! I got everything I can crossed! Please baby-making Gods, you know you want to :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's absolutely adorable and endearing that you have him calling it Roxy.

    ReplyDelete