Friday, July 8

4:35 pm
Venue

Here we go again...

First show, last leg.  I'll be glad when it's last show, last leg.  Then I can go somewhere and just fall apart and not have to worry about all the King's Horses and all the King's Men putting me back together.

But speaking of legs, mine feels great.  Amazing how one little snip and a week's convalescence can make an old joint feel new again.  I'm still being careful, but I feel like a new man.  Well, almost.  A tired old new man, ha ha.

It was nice waking up with Cate this morning.  I just wish we were waking up in the same bed. With the time difference and my vampire schedule, we began our day together.  She woke up at 5 am in NYC and sent me a good-morning text, which woke me up at noon here.  When I answered her she Skyped me and we spent a wonderful 15 minutes saying sweet good mornings without even getting out of bed.  Gotta love Skype for iPhone.

I got to see my lovely Wife in all her bed-headed glory, ha ha.  She was sleeping in one of my shirts, like she always does when I'm on the road.  It was half-unbuttoned so I got a little peek of boob, which ain't a bad way to start the day.  She looked tired, but beautiful as always.

Apparently I wasn't looking too glamorous; Cate said I looked puffy, like my sinuses are swollen up again.  She's right--10 hours worth of flying always fucks with my head.  That will probably have to be my next surgery, assuming I don't injure another limb in the next 3 weeks.

Finally Cate had to get up and get ready for work and I had to drag my ass out of my bed to get to the gym.  I hated saying goodbye to her, but she promised to text and call later.  Her day isn't supposed to be too hectic so hopefully I'll hear from her a couple times.  And she plans to follow the feed on the show if she can; I texted Tony and told him to send her the link.

And we made a Skype date for later, when it's evening for her and the middle of the night for me.  We're gonna have a glass of wine together and talk about our days.  Just like I was home.

Anyway, gotta haul my tired old ass out to soundcheck now and see how many verses and choruses I've forgotten in the week off.  Hope when I get back I have a message from my Baby.

7:20 pm
Dressing Room

Alright, somebody's still fucking with me.

"You will have success as a Postman.  You deliver an excellent package."

Who the HELL is fucking with my cookies, and how?

Not that these silly fortunes are wrong....

Heh heh.

3 comments:

  1. Here's hoping he has delivered a package of sorts to Cate... I don't think they be bothered if it takes 9 months to arrive either =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how a little boob can perk a man up! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cookies. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete