Friday, July 29

6:45 pm
Venue

Goofing backstage with the Boys and our Girls.  A little mini-celebration pre-show.  Everybody's families are here, for these last two shows of the Tour From Hell.  Mama Joan brought Ava over, Ali and Little Teek are here, as is Kelly.  Davey's kids aren't here yet -- they get in tomorrow -- but Lexi's been with us awhile.

And of course, My Cate.

The only thing that would make this more perfect is if my Kids were here.  I'm a little sad they're not, but at the same time I'm glad to share this with just Cate.  It's her first tour with me, her first Last Show.

And then it's just her and me on an island with a beach.  Heaven.

Gonna let her pick the Cookie tonight too.  We'll see if she gets a dirty one.  If not, I'll make one up for her.  She laughed at me when I showed her my Cookie-Poem from Barcelona.  Apparently that E.E. poet is NOT the guy who invented Winnie the Pooh.  That was A.A. Milne.

E.E., A.A, whatever.  They're both vowels.

But I guess I am a little relieved it wasn't the same poet.  I'd never be able to look at Pooh Bear the same way again, ha ha.


7:45 pm
Dressing Room

Just kicked Cate out of my dressing room.  Cone of silence time. Gotta get my head on straight for the show, and she was completely distracting me.

She even made my fortune come true.  It said "I may be Easy, but you're Hard."

That Cookie is SMART.  Heh heh.

1 comment: