Wednesday, July 6

5:15 pm
Bedroom

Getting ready for my date tonight.  Hate that I only have a little time to spend with my Girls before I have to get on a plane back to Europe.

Taking Stephie out for an early dinner before heading back into the City.  I hardly got to see her this weekend; she was always working or with Brendan.  I asked her to try to make a little time for her Old Man before I have to go away again, so she traded shifts with one of the other girls at the Parrot.  I felt a little bad about guilting her into doing that.

Okay, maybe I don't.

We're going out for a nice, elegant dinner.  No Mexican and margaritas tonight, ha ha.  I think Steph's had enough of that for awhile.  Then she's gonna spend the rest of the evening stargazing with her beau while I drive back to the apartment to spend my last few hours in the States with Cate.

I'm flying out at 3 am.  I'll sleep on the plane.  Easier for my body to adjust to these huge time jumps when I do that.  That should put me in Italy mid-evening.

We're flying into Istanbul on Friday, then back out right after the show, back to Home Base in Italy for the next couple shows.  Cate's not crazy about us being in that part of the world right now with all the madness going on, but the fact that we're not staying in-country makes her feel better.  She'll be happy when we're back in Germany.  Hell, she'll be happy when we're back HOME.

Me too.

Three more weeks.  Three weeks without my Baby.  That's gonna suck.  But I convinced her to come over for the last couple shows, to celebrate her birthday.  And to celebrate the never-ending tour finally ending.

Then maybe I'll sneak her away for a short little holiday, since we didn't stay in Ireland this weekend.  Someplace where I can collapse and she can take care of me again, ha ha.  Nah, somewhere we can be completely, utterly, undisturbedly ALONE.

Gonna have to think on that one.

Alright, gotta run.  Don't wanna keep my date waiting.  Even though she's probably still primping in front of her mirror, ha ha.  Steph is her Mama's daughter in that respect.  God knows she didn't get that vanity from me.

2 comments:

  1. Cate's right, Turkey and Greece are not the safest places to be right now... Hope the security is high! Be safe Jon, and make sure the rest of the guys are safe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit the grand bazaar and get some Turkish delight and look at all the fabrics they offer, and in Greece sterling silver, great prices. Would love to go back.

    But be safe, watch the protesters.

    ReplyDelete