Friday, January 21

1:20 pm
Hotel

Killing a few minutes waiting for the rally to head to the venue.  Cate went shopping with Lexi so it's just me here, twiddling my thumbs.

Actually looking forward to this show tonight.  Should be fun, for a good cause.  Will get a chance to see a few old friends and just hang out.  Plus we're going on early so we'll be done early.  Having a late dinner with friends then Cate and I are heading up to Aspen.

Can't wait to get out of this hotel and up to the Lodge.  I know "Lodge" is just a fancy name for "Hotel" but at least the rooms won't be cookie-cutter boring.  I can delude myself in to thinking it's not really a hotel, ha ha.  It's someplace I've never stayed before, Kelly said it's really nice.  As long as it's private, that's all I care about.  I usually don't get hassled in Aspen because they're used to seeing celebrities all over the place, but still.  Anonymity is good.

Cate and I are gonna do a little skiing tomorrow, a little night life tomorrow night, then fly back Sunday.  Sucks she has to be at the Courthouse Monday or she'd play hooky.

Oh well.  I'll take what I can get.

Was nice waking up with my wife this morning.  It's nice every day I get to do it, but when I'm in one of these damned hotel rooms it's just that much sweeter.  We just laid in bed and smiled and talked and cuddled until room service knocked on the door.  The second I signed the bill and sent Skippy the Steward on his way I was back in bed with Cate.  We literally ate in bed.  It was great.  Got toast crumbs all over the sheets though, ha ha.

Finally we dragged our asses out of bed and she went to get ready to go out with Lexi.  They were going to some chic boutique Lexi wanted to check out.  I'd love to see that.  Cate and Lexi get along great but they are polar opposites when it comes to all that girly stuff.  I bet Lexi comes back with 8 shopping bags and Cate has 1.  If that.  And if she does, it will probably be full of stuff for me or the kids.

I hit the gym but did a lazy workout.  Just not in the mood today.  Cate teased me that I should go down the street to the Crunch fitness and walk in to a yoga class.  Said the ladies there would be more than willing to help me with my Downward-Facing Dog, ha ha.  She's been giggling at all the stupid news stories popping up about me being a Renaissance Man because I started yoga to keep my 30-inch waist.  Yeah right.

Truth of it is my old joints ain't gonna hold up much longer if I keep punishing them, so I gotta find something.  I figure this whole tantric/yoga stuff works for Sting, so what the hell?  There are side benefits, heh heh. And AARP recommends yoga, so why not?  I'm only a few years from membership eligibility, so I may as well prepare myself, ha ha.

Ahhhhhhh..... Okay.  Time to put away the book and go meet the guys to catch a ride to the venue.  Gotta go to work before I can go play.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You don't have to be old to like Yoga! Think about how flexible it makes you...heh heh.

    ReplyDelete