Thursday, January 20

11:50 am
Cab

Holy Shit, this is turning out to be a crazy day.

Just left a meeting, headed back to the apartment to pack my shit for flight to Denver.  I got great news -- Cate texted to tell me she decided to go with me for the weekend.  Only downside is she can't get away from her office until after a meeting that starts at 2 pm.  Our flight was supposed to leave at 4:30 pm, but I'm gonna call and push it back for her.  She said not to wait, she'd fly out commercial tonight, but that's just dumb.  She's going with me.

When I get home I'm gonna have to get busy finding a place for us to stay this weekend, too.  Wait... I pay people to do that for me.  Shit. I can just call Kelly... Nah.  I want to do this myself.  I'll figure out where we wanna go, THEN call Kelly and she can deal with all the bullshit details.

Sometimes it's good to be The King, ha ha.

Dave and Lexi are coming along, I'm sure they won't mind the flight delay.  We'll all have a fun time on the plane together.  The girls don't see much of each other, and Davey and I see too much of each other, so it will balance out, ha ha.

Cate asked me to start packing her bag too, so got my work cut out for me.  Of course the first thing she'll do when she gets home is take everything out of the bag and start over, so WTF is the use?  But I'll humor her and at least get out a few things.

Like a bikini for the hot tub.  Heh heh.


2:45 pm
Living Room

Sitting here waiting for Cate to come home so we can get the hell out of here.  She's on her way, should be walking in the door any minute now.

Hope it doesn't take her long to pack.  Got all my shit together, bag's by the door.  I tried to start packing for her but just ended up piling a bunch of clothes on the bed.

Except for that turquoise bikini of hers.  That's safely tucked in my bag.  She won't want to wear it, but she will.  My wife will put up a valiant fight, but I shall prevail.  I've got the secret weapons against which she's defenseless.  Heh heh.

Observation:  Every guy wants to screw his gal in a hot tub.  It's just fucking sexy.  Trust me, been there, done that, ha ha.  But if Joe Bagodonuts does it and gets caught, he's looking at a little embarrassment (maybe), a slap on the wrist, a fine for public indecency.  If Joe Rockstar does it and gets caught it's on fucking TMZ and the front page of every rag in the world, in 98 different languages.  And the Brits give you a goofy nickname.

Life is just so fucking unfair sometimes.

9:10 pm Mountain Time
Denver

Made it to Denver.  In our room at the 4S, waiting for Cate to get ready to go out for a drink with the gang.  Everybody else made it here before us, as usual the Lead Singer is bringing up the ass-end of the parade, ha ha.

We have a whole extra two hours to play tonight, though I don't know how long Cate's gonna last.   She's pretty tired, yawned through the whole flight.  I told her to take a nap but NOOOOO.... she and Lexi had that girl talk thing going.  Davey and I hardly got a word in edgewise.  And that's saying something when it comes to Davey, ha ha.  Actually we men were pretty much ignored the entire flight while the girls did their thing.

I should have taken a nap.

Ah well.  We'll pop out for a glass of wine, then I have an excuse to escape from the rest of the bunch.  My Dear Wife needs her rest.  Then we'll come back to this nice hotel suite -- which incidentally looks almost exactly like 10 other 4S suites I've been in over the past few months -- and it's Naked Time.  It's been a few days, so I'm all revved up and ready to go.  All Cate has to do is give the sign.

Which is pretty much anything at this point.  A smile, a sigh, a  yawn.... a pulse.  Heh heh.

Looking forward to sleeping in with her tomorrow.  We can even order breakfast in bed.  Actually, I can do that right now, pre-order breakfast while I'm sitting here on my ass.

It's nice to have her here, to not have to go through the show routine all by myself once again.  I wish she'd consider making this a permanent thing, but I know that will never work.  She'd go crazy with boredom.  And frankly, she'd probably hate me after the first month.  She knows I'm an asshole, but still... no need to prove her right, ha ha.

But it sure would be nice to wake up with her every morning.

Fuck going out with the Band.  I'm ordering a bottle of wine and we're staying right here.  We got a big ol' jacuzzi tub in the other room.  No bikini necessary.

2 comments:

  1. OK, gotta ask!
    what nicknames have you earned so far Jonny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Joe Bagodonuts can afford a Hot Tub in his home certainly Joe RoCkstar can too. No TMZ for anyone, Problem Solved ;-)

    ReplyDelete