Friday, January 28

1:45 am
Home

Back home again.

Still buzzing a little from the show.  What a fantastic night.  It's been a long, long time since I had so much fun on a stage.  Up there jamming with my friends and my heroes, all that music I grew up loving and trying to emulate.  Tonight I wasn't Jon Bon Jovi, I was just Johnny Bongiovi "The Kid."  It felt good.

I hate that Cate missed it.  It was something I would have loved to share with her.  We filmed it all, I'll show her the video, but it won't be the same.  Dammit.  She'll be pissed she missed it too.

Got home about a half hour ago.  Felt good to walk in the door and feel her presence.  I missed her last night.  Don't like sleeping in our bed all alone.  At least when I'm on the road I'm alone in a hotel bed.  It's somehow lonelier when it's our bed that's empty.

I think she's feeling a little better.  Just went in to check on her, found her asleep propped up on the pillows, her bedside lamp on, her iPad on her lap.  She must have dozed off while she was reading.  She was breathing normally, not stuffy or wheezy at all.  Hope she's past the worst of it and on the mend.

I refilled her water bottle and made sure she had Kleenex, then sat beside her and stroked her hair for a minute.  She woke up a little and kinda smiled and said "Hey, Baby."  I told her I love her and to go back to sleep.  Then I kissed her forehead, turned off the lamp, and picked up her iPad.  She snuggled down under the covers and kinda purred a little, like she was happy.  

I just sat there for a few minutes, watching her.  I wanted to get into bed and hold her, but I'm not quite ready to go to sleep yet and I don't want to wake her.  So I came out here.

I carried her iPad out with me, figuring I'd shut it down and put it in the office for her.  When I went to close it down I saw what she was reading.  It made me smile, made my heart soar.

She was looking at baby names.

3:40 pm
Couch

Enjoying a lazy day today.

Too crappy to go outside anyway.  Just hanging out in the house, being a slob.

And my wife is talking to me again.  She's feeling better, now just living with scratchy throat and stuffy head.  The worst is over.  She swears by steam, humidifier, and OJ.  Seems to have worked.  I'm glad.  I missed her when she was being Sick Sybil.

Didn't go to bed until almost 3 am.  Was rushing so much after the show even the drive home didn't settle me down.  Then once I got home and checked in on Cate and saw what she was reading...  Well, that didn't help.  I ended up getting sucked into that baby name website myself, my mind wandering back to the days when Dorothea and I were picking out names for our kids.  Good memories, except the fight over Jakey's name.  Good thing we didn't have any  more girls, we never would have agreed on a name.

Don't know why Dorothea doesn't like the name Roxanne.  Her excuse for not letting me name Steph that was "over her dead body would she name her child after a Hooker."  I just think she knew some girl named Roxy and didn't like her, ha ha.  You know how women can be.

But Stephanie Rose was perfect for our Baby Girl.  D did good with that one.

Woke up this morning with Cate snuggled against my chest.  That made me smile.  Of course she was also drooling on me which wasn't so great, but I'll take what I can get.  She can't help it she can't breathe through her nose.  Besides, I got nothin' against her bodily fluids, heh heh.

We cuddled and dozed on and off most of the morning, then finally crawled out of bed around 11.  Cate actually smiled and hugged me and kissed me good morning before asking me how the show went.  I gave her a quick rundown and she pouted that she missed it.  Told ya, ha ha.  But she said she could see from the twinkle in my eye how much fun I had and she was glad.

I told her we needed to celebrate the incredible success of last night's gig with a long, leisurely shower together.  She fell for it, heh heh.

After the shower we came out, I fixed grilled cheese and soup for breakfast or lunch or whatever the hell you wanna call it, since it was after noon.  Then we sat on the couch and pulled up YouTube videos of me shakin' my ass all over the stage at Starland last night.  Cate laughed at me and pouted some more that she missed it.  I promised to show her Tony's footage as soon as he gets it to me.

Then we just curled up together and watched a movie.

My idea of Heaven.  Me, at home with my Girl, and nothin' but time.

Decided to go out to the Jersey house tomorrow morning.  I'm gonna volunteer at the Kitchen tomorrow with Dorothea and Steph and Jess; Jakey and Romey are hanging with Grandma.  Cate wanted to volunteer too but she's not sure she should be around a restaurant or people, considering she's still getting over her bug or whatever.  She'll probably just stay at the house.  Don't need Typhoid Mary infecting half of Monmouth County, ha ha.

Then tomorrow night maybe we'll just stay home and listen to some old records and talk about the future.

2 comments:

  1. Baby names.....

    OK Jonny...time to talk to you doctor about getting that "un snip" appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Future that includes talking bout getting the tubes untied! Come on Jon... sooner's better than later.

    ReplyDelete