Tuesday, January 11

10:45 am
My Office

Working at home today, buried in boring boring boring paperwork.

But I just got great news.  Double-great news, actually.

Cate's coming home early today, bringing all her work shit with her because it's likely we'll get enough snow overnight that she can justify working from home tomorrow.   I love it when she thinks like that, because in reality unless we get a full-on blizzard she could make it to work by public transit.  But I'm not gonna point that out to her 'cause I want her to stay home with me.  Heh heh.

I was gonna go to Philly tomorrow for a Foundation project meeting but it's getting pushed because of weather too, so I'll be home.  Cate and I can cuddle under that sexy mink blanket by the fire and watch the snow fall.  Unless my wife lets her damned sense of responsibility take over and actually works, ha ha.  She probably will, but I'm sure I can lure her into taking a break or two.

And even better news -- Thursday Cate's only working a half-day because she has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, and her Boss is giving her Friday off as a comp day for all the hours she worked last week.  Plus Monday's a federal holiday.  Hell, she may as well not bother to go in Thursday morning, make it a full week away from the Snakepit.  Maybe I will get her all to myself for awhile after all.

I'm not gonna tell Cate but I'm rescheduling our little getaway, the one that got cancelled.  Can't go Friday because I promised Steph I'd take her to the theater, but we can definitely steal away for the weekend.  I'll just tell Cate we're going out for dinner Saturday night, but I'll neglect to mention that we have to take a plane to get to to the restaurant, ha ha.  And that we'll be staying the night.  I may have to pull a few strings and flash the big credit card, but I'm pretty sure I can get everything arranged just like it was before.  Gotta get on the stick and make these calls before she gets home today.

I'm a sneaky bastard, ha ha.  A romantic, sneaky bastard.

3:20 pm
My Office

I.
Am.
Fucking.
Awesome.

Cate's on the treadmill, while she's bopping around to her iPod I just put the finishing touches on my sneaky plan.  Got the dinner reservation, complete with special request for the chef.  Got the resort booked plus a few extra-special goodies.  Got the private jet on standby.  Had to call in a few favors, but it's done.

Cate's gonna be blown away.  Just like last time.

Heh heh.

I'm gonna get awesome thank-you sex for this one.

2 comments:

  1. Romantic sneaky bastard indeed! Jonny I'm afraid that doctor appointment may be something you're not expecting.

    ReplyDelete