Sunday, January 23

8:15 am
Bed
Aspen


With you I don't hear the minutes ticking by
I don't feel the hours as they fly
I don't see the summer as it wanes
Just a subtle change of light upon your face

Walk away, walk away, walk away, walk away
This is our kingdom of days

I watch the sun as it rises and sets
I watch the moon trace its arc with no regrets
My jacket 'round your shoulders, the falling leaves
The wet grass on our backs as the autumn breeze drifts through the trees

Walk away, walk away, walk away, walk away
This is our kingdom of days
This is our kingdom of days

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I do
You whisper "then prove it, then prove it, then prove it to me baby blue"

And I count my blessings that you're mine for always
We laugh beneath the covers and count the wrinkles and the grays

Sing away, sing away, sing away, sing away
Sing away, sing away, my darling, we'll sing away
This is our kingdom of days
This is our kingdom of days


Bruce is such a fucking genius. 


This completely captures how I'm feeling about my Cate this morning.  So I sang it for her.


Her smile melts me.


10:30 pm
Home in Bed


Well, Steelers and Packers in the Super Bowl.  Dammit.  Naw, actually I'm happy for the Rooneys.  They're good people who have built a great legacy for the people of Pittsburgh.  Should be a good game.


I am dead tired.  Every muscle in my body aches, and my ass aches double.  I'm in pretty damned good shape for an Old Man but this weekend kicked my ass.  Guess it's more the cold weather than the physical exertion of skiing, but either way, I'm beat.


So is Cate.  She slept on the plane, and could barely keep her eyes open through the first half of the Jets-Steelers game.  When we got home she got her stuff together for court tomorrow and curled up with me on the couch and was dozing within 5 minutes.  At halftime I brought her to bed.  She said she wanted to watch the rest of the game, but when she laid her head on my lap it was all over.  She was out.  So I just sat here and stroked her hair and tried not to cuss or cheer too loudly.  When the game was over I woke her just enough to tell her who won and to move her onto her pillow.  I'm about ready to give in and turn off the lights and curl up to her and go off to dreamland myself.


Tomorrow I have conference calls all morning, stuff to review for the upcoming tour and projects.  In the afternoon I have to meet with accountants.  Jesus, I can hardly stand the excitement.


May have to get a massage too.  If I can even get out of bed in the morning, that is.  Fucking creaky Old Man body.


Fantastic weekend, but it's good to be home.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little concerned at how tired Cate seems to be all the time. I hope it's just my over active imagination, and she's okay.

    ReplyDelete