Saturday, January 15

12:20 am
Home

Sitting here watching my beautiful wife sleep.

She fell asleep on the couch, watching a movie.  She's curled on her side, snuggled under that soft mink blanket with its edge pulled up under her chin.

Her hair is all wavy around her, her gorgeous eyelashes so lush and dark against her skin.  Her cheeks are pink, her lips are full and soft, and curved just the tiniest bit at the corners.

She looks so peaceful and content.

I hope she's dreaming of me.

When I'm gone I miss watching her sleep, hearing her breathe, feeling her heart beat against mine.  When I'm home I wake up at night and just feel her, listen to her.  And sometimes, like now, I just sit and watch her and marvel at how she fills my soul.  She completes me.

Once upon a time  I sat and watched her sleep and wrote a hit song.  Her song.  Tonight I feel that same stirring in my poet's heart, I have the words swirling around in my head.  But they're not ready to come out yet.

Soon.

10:45 am
Home

Trying to get some work done, tie up a few loose ends before I escape with Cate for the weekend.

I can't wait to see her face when she sees where I'm taking her.  I know she's gonna love it.  Just the two of us, no worries, no hassles.  Weather is gonna be beautiful, a nice change from cold snowy NYC.  Too bad I don't golf; would be a perfect weekend for it, ha ha.  We'll get out a little to enjoy the sunshine, I have a few things planned.  Can't stay in bed ALL weekend, though I wouldn't mind.  Heh heh.

Cate's at the Winter Carnival with Dorothea and the Boys.  She texted me about an hour ago.  Was pretty funny -- think she's a little overwhelmed by the whole thing.  It's a new world for her, all that PTA-Mom crap.  I'm sure she feels a little out of place, especially since some of those Moms can be catty bitches.  They won't fuck with Cate with Dorothea around, though.  That's one thing my ex and my wife have in common -- nobody's gonna mess with them to their face.  Like Cate would care what anybody said about her anyway, ha ha.

Discovered one other flaw in my plan.  Since I'll be hiding away from the world with my lovely wife we're gonna miss the Playoff games.  Not like it matters much, the Giants never made it in and Cate's Eagles got their asses kicked out last weekend.  But the Pats are still in the hunt.  I'm sure Cate will want to watch the games but I'm not gonna let her.  This weekend is about us.

Besides, that's why we have a DVR.  Off to set it now...

4:15 pm
Living Room

Cate's home from her day with the Boys, getting ready for our date.  I'm trying to resist the urge to climb in the shower with her and nail her to the wall, ha ha.

Down Boy.  Save it for later.  Besides, I go in there now we'll be late to dinner.

I'm all set.  Bags in the car, flight confirmed, reservations confirmed.  In just a few hours we'll be touching down for our Hedonism Weekend.  Okay, maybe not Hedonism, but at least a little quiet relaxation.

Can't wait to hear about Cate's Adventures with Grade Schoolers.  She looked pretty frazzled when she came in the door, and she muttered something about being able to shoot criminals but not children or their parents.  She can tell me all about it on the plane.  And most likely blame me, too.  I know she'll eventually figure out I put Dorothea up to asking her to help.

Yeah, Baby -- consider this payback for that little Punk you and Sambora played on me, about the Spearmint Rhino back in Aus.  Though we're not quite even yet.

2 comments:

  1. Poet's heart. Damn. He's awfully sweet when he's not being a neurotic basket-case. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a second? That means he will not be in the Stadium tomorrow? Damn why should I watch the game now? LOL

    ReplyDelete