Saturday, January 22

5:15 pm
Lodge

My ass hurts.

Had a great day on the slopes.  Beautiful weather, good powder, great to be outdoors.  It's a fantastic time to be in Aspen -- I forgot Sundance is going on this week so all the celebrities are over in Park City instead of clogging up the scene here.  Plus all the paparazzi's there, so we're not followed every damned where.  Haven't seen a single photog since we got here.  My kinda place.

I gotta say, my wife is a HORRIBLE skier.  She's truly awful.  Can barely manage the bunny slopes.  There were four-year-olds putting her to shame.  After about a half hour with her this morning I threatened to put her in ski school.  She told me to get lost and sent me off to do some runs on my own.  That was fine, but I missed riding the lift with her.  So I came back and did the bunny hills with her and laughed my ass off.

Finally she had enough of my making fun and challenged me to try snowboarding with her.  I figured sure, how hard can it be?  If she can't ski she sure as hell won't be able to snowboard.  Well, I was wrong again.  Cate was actually much better at snowboarding that she was at skiing.  I guess it's because both her feet are on the same board.  But she still fell over a lot.  So did I.  And when you fall off a board, you either fall on your face or your ass.  I fell on my ass a LOT.  It's already sore, don't know how it's gonna feel tomorrow when I have to sit on a plane for 4 hours.  Holy Christ.

And I gotta make my living with that thing.  Nobody wants to see an aging Rock Star who can't shake his ass, ha ha.

Had a great time at the benefit in Denver last night.  Was fun to catch up with some old friends.  The crowd was good, the band was tight, it was almost effortless.  Still a little dusty from the break, but after this week's show at Starland I'll be ready to go.

We drove up after dinner last night; didn't get to the Lodge until after 1 am.  This is a really nice place; Kelly did good.  Got a fantastic suite with a balcony and a fireplace and big ceiling-to-floor windows looking out over the mountains.  It's gorgeous.  No in-room jacuzzi though, dammit.  Cate and I had to settle for making love in the shower.  She's significantly better at that than she is at skiing, ha ha.

I had so much fun watching her today.  She was so cute with the kids on the bunny slopes.  When we came in for lunch I caught her watching a family at another table, a Mom and Dad and little twin girls, maybe 4 or 5.  I could tell from her smile she was thinking about us, about maybe having a baby of our own.

Maybe we'll talk about it some more tonight.  Going out to dinner and then to one of the nightclubs on the resort.  Then we'll come back and cuddle by the fire.  Plenty of together time.

She can rub my ass.  It's gonna need it.

1 comment:

  1. Ruh Roh! Jon's assets are National Treasure!!! We can't have that damaged... Cate, as a federal agent, you're obligated to do something to ease his pain!

    ReplyDelete