Friday, January 7

10:30 pm
Living Room

I am such an awesome husband.

Cate's taking a bubble bath.  With fancy bath beads and candlelight and soothing music and wine.  One I drew for her.  She didn't have to ask, didn't have any idea.  I just went in and turned our master bath into a relaxing spa while she was typing away on her laptop in the office.  All on my own, all my idea.

I ROCK.  Ha ha.

We spent the whole day at home today.  Didn't set a toe outside our front door.  It was nice.  We were both working most of the time but at least we were together.  We slept in a little, had breakfast, then I did a workout while Cate called in to her office to talk to the evidence techs.  Then Cate took over the office and spread out all her case files and shit I can't look at, so I took my laptop and camped out at the kitchen table.  I had plenty of Foundation stuff to do, plus about a thousand emails to plow through since I've been ignoring them the past few days.

We both got a lot done, which is good.  What was even better was every hour or so we took a break and cuddled and smooched like goofy teenagers.  Never mind that we both looked like Hell -- I haven't shaved in three days and am starting to look like a werewolf and Cate still looks exhausted.  Actually, she was still beautiful in her sweats and my old ratty t-shirt and with her hair in a ponytail and no makeup.  I was the one looking pretty rough.  Sexy couple we are, ha ha.

We would have been heading back from our little trip right now.  I have the kids this weekend since Dorothea's going skiing with her girlfriends, so I only had a couple days to sneak off with Cate.  I'm still a little bitter that didn't happen but as a wise man once said:  Shit Happens.

I think Cate realized my disappointment today and she apologized for ruining our plans, even though it wasn't her fault.  She said there's a chance we may be able to get out of town for a couple days week after next if I don't have a conflict.  I had a few Foundation things planned but I'll rearrange 'em if it means I can take Cate away from here and spend some alone time with her.  We need to do that before I go back out on the road.  We have a lot to talk about, a lot to celebrate.  I'll be on the road for our anniversary so I wanted to celebrate a little early, even though we haven't even had a honeymoon yet.

Okay, so I do things a little ass-backwards.  Like that's news.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed that works out.  But this weekend she's all mine.  We're taking the kids out to the Hamptons house and she's leaving the laptop and case files locked up here in the City.  If the office really needs her she'll drive back in, but she promised she'd only do that in case of an emergency.  I know she means it; she's weary and needs a break.

And I think she's looking forward to spending time with the kids.  I hope she is, anyway, that it won't be hard for her.  I almost wish Dorothea hadn't told me what she did yesterday because now I'm gonna be watching and analyzing everything, wondering what's going on in Cate's head.  I'll have to be careful about that; if Cate figures out what I'm doing she'll strap me to a chair and interrogate me under a bare lightbulb, ha ha.  But in all seriousness, I hope we can have a nice weekend as a family and that Cate realizes just how much she means to all of us.

But tonight's for us.  No naughty stuff, just cuddling by the fire and watching a movie and going to bed.  The boring, routine, wonderful stuff I miss so much when I'm on the road.  Gotta savor it now; I'll be gone again too soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Jon discovers the way to make Cate's soul happy again. Maybe, baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jonny, are you willing to have your "snip snip" reversed?!?!?! Or have the "collection" which they can do under unesthesia now days...

    ReplyDelete