Monday, March 7

1:20 pm
Plane

Back on the road.  Have no enthusiasm for this trip whatsoever.  Hard to get psyched up for these short little jaunts when I know there's a break ahead.  It's not like the past couple weeks when I was at home but had 5 shows in a week.  That was work.  I just got to enjoy it more than usual because my family was around.

At this point I'm just counting the hours until we have a week off, after these 2 Chicago shows.  Of course it's jam-packed with shit I gotta do, but at least I'll be home every night.

Took Jakey and Romeo to school this morning.  Just wanted to spend a little more time with them before I took off again.  I walked them into the school and watched them take off down the hallway.  Got a lump in my throat as I realized I don't have much longer to watch them toddle along like that, with their superhero backpacks and goofy stumbly little walks.

I hate that I miss so many of those everyday moments.

Maybe it's time for me to retire.  I could stay home and be a full-time Daddy when Cate and I have our little one.  She wouldn't have to quit her job or even take a bunch of leave if she didn't want to.  And we wouldn't have to get a nanny.  We could raise our Munchkin together like normal people, just the two of us 24/7.  No madness, no Daddy disappearing for weeks at a time.

Hell, I'll change every diaper and get up for every 2 am feeding.

Sounds pretty damned good to me.



10:15 pm
My Room


Roxanna  (Roxy)
Sophia
Angelina
Alexandra (Ally)
Adrianna 
Andrea (Drea)
Victoria (Tori)
Vanessa
Carina
Olivia
Sarah
Lauren
Taylor
Shelby
Julia
Cassandra (Cassie)
Natalie
Leah
Avery
Jenna
Sabrina
Marissa
Natasha
Mia
Layla
Rosalita  (I'll never get Cate to agree to this one, ha ha)

Can't wait.....

3 comments:

  1. "Hell, I'll change every diaper and get up for every 2 am feeding."

    Hmmmm, Cate get this in writing and notorized!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh huh...and you'd last maybe a couple months before you started going stir crazy. Face it Jon, you're a workaholic.

    What if it's a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retirement?? Not acceptable by the Fans of JOVINATION!!

    ReplyDelete