Thursday, March 3

1:15 pm
School

Living the glamorous Rock Star Life today, for sure.  Sitting with Dorothea outside Romeo's classroom, waiting for our turn for Parent-Teacher Conferences.

You'd think as much money as I pay this damned school they could invest in more comfortable chairs.

I completely forgot about this appointment until Dorothea called me at 8 am and asked whether I was meeting her here at the school or if I was picking her up on the way.  Of course it took me a couple minutes to figure out what the hell she was talking about since I'd only been in bed for about 2 hours at that point.

Cate and I finally fell asleep somewhere around sunrise.  Between the show and my birthday after-party and our own little private party here at the house it was a long night.  But a damned good one.  I didn't want it to end.  I had more fun out on that stage last night than I've had in a long time.  I even kissed Richie, ha ha.

I love my job.

But I also love my kids so I dragged my ass out of bed and stumbled into the shower and swallowed a couple Motrin and drank about a half a pot of coffee before I became semi-coherent to drive into the city.  I told Dorothea I'd meet her here because I didn't want her to scold me for being late to pick her up.

As much as I sometimes miss being married to D, I don't miss the fact that she is a morning person and I am NOT.  Last thing I needed this morning was her bitching at me for not adhering to her master timetable.

I think my head would have exploded if I had to deal with that.

Did I mention there were birthday shots at the afterparty?  Oy.  Damned Davey.  And mixed with wine -- NOT good.  But I was so high on adrenaline and euphoria and crowd buzz and life in general that I didn't feel anything other than warm and happy.  Those shots went down easy.

They certainly didn't affect me in other ways either -- Superman was more than capable of doing his thing.  Twice.  Once the men's room at the afterparty -- I had to cover Cate's mouth, she was giggling so hard -- and again when we got home.

Party like a Rock Star, heh heh.

Anyway, now here I am sitting on this damned plastic chair which is killing my back and my ass, waiting to find out if Romeo still eats glue or not.  With my ex-wife shooting me smug little looks every time I stop scribbling to burp.

And I get to do this three more times today.  Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment