Wednesday, March 9

1:30 pm
Suite

I feel like a Bad Daddy.

Jakey's home in bed with the flu.  D called me last night before the show so he could talk to me.  Poor Buddy.  He wanted me to come home.  I wanted to go home, too.

Couldn't really keep my head in the show last night.  It was a good performance, band was tight and Richie really pumped me up.  But I was distracted.  I was texting Jakey right up to the minute I went out for the huddle.

Gotta find him something special today, a present to take home.  Maybe a Cubs jersey or something.

Checked in with D earlier.  Jake's napping right now but when he wakes up I'm gonna play my MarioKart on my DS with him.  One of the crew guys is a big gamer and set it up for me, on WiFi or the Internet or however that shit works..  It's pretty neat that we can play a game together like we're in the living room, but be in different time zones.  Gonna have to remember this for the next long trip.

Don't care if I'm in the middle of press or soundcheck or whatever -- I'm shutting it down and spending time with my Boy.  I promised, and this is one promise I sure as hell ain't gonna break.

Have to remember to kiss my wife to thank her for that little SmartAss present. It's worked out pretty well.  Besides completely sucking me in, that is.  Ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Always listen to your wife Jon...she knows you and what you need better than you think. :)

    Poor Jakey.

    ReplyDelete