Thursday, March 17

10:45 am
Plane

On the way to Texas.  Wonder if the River is green in San Antonio?

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  One of my favorite holidays.  I may not have a drop of Irish blood, but I love this day.  Kiss Me -- Today I'm Irish, ha ha.  Any takers?

I'm sure Sambora will kiss me.  He owes me for that smooch I gave him onstage on my Birthday, ha ha.

Too bad I won't get to kiss my part-Irish wife today.  Mrs. Catie O'Sullivan-Bongiovi (okay, I added the O' ) is off somewhere mysterious doing some kinda spooky shit for the U.S. Government.  Every time she goes off on one of these trips I have scenes from The Bourne Identity in my head.  I always think she's lurking around in shadows, following scary and exotic people and having high-speed car chases through winding streets.

Apparently not this time.  She just sent me a text with a photo attached.  It's of Cate on a beach somewhere, wearing a green bikini top (and I assume/hope bottoms, the photo was from the waist-up), holding a glass of green beer and puckering up those pretty pink lips to give me a St. Patty's Day kiss.  She says she misses me and wishes she was here to give me an Irish Kiss in person.  And that she'll make it up to me when she gets home.

What the Hell kind of case is she working on?

11:05 pm
Dressing Room

Christ, I'm wiped out.  Good show tonight but I'm fucking tired.

Getting too old for this shit.

Need to haul my ass into the shower, but not sure I can get up off this couch.  Maybe I'll just sleep here.  Matty can get one of those gurneys from the medics and roll me onto it and wheel me off to the plane, ha ha.  I'll be smelly and gross but at least I won't have to move 'til we hit Vegas.

I've been shakin' my ass for 2 hours.  It deserves to be lazy for a little while.

Tonight's one of those nights were I don't really remember the show.  Don't know if that means I was really good, locked in, or if I was just on auto-pilot.  I was definitely distracted; had that picture of Cate in that green bikini in my head all day.  Was hoping I'd get to talk to her before we went on but no luck, just a couple short texts throughout the day.

It's been driving me nuts, trying to figure out where the fuck she is and why she's on a beach?  I'm not saying she's not working, that she skipped out on me and our weekend together for some kind of secret vacation.  Not at all.  But What the Fuck?

And if she's wearing a bikini, where the hell is her gun?  I don't like the thought of her running around unarmed.  Or unclothed, for that matter.  But I gotta trust her -- she's the Secret Agent Girl, not me.

Anyway, I just sent her a text telling her the show went good and I miss her, wish she was here to drag me into the shower and get me all clean.  Or dirty.  Heh heh.  Hopefully she'll give me a call later and will have a little time to talk.  I'll even sing to her.  Maybe I'll do  "When Irish Eyes are Smiling."

When I close my eyes I can see her smiling.  Gonna do it right now in fact....  

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day, Jon! )))
    Kiss ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Jon today is Thursday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What in Hell is Cate doing on a beach like she's on holiday? Cate, come back to your Man, now! The ex-Missus is too much around him!!

    ReplyDelete