Saturday, April 23

9:15 am
Kitchen

Cate's trying to get a move on Jake and Romeo so we can get out the door.  Big doin's today.  Heading over to the Aquarium for the Penguin Brunch and Egg Hunt.  I assume we won't be hunting (or eating) Penguin Eggs, ha ha.  Then over to the farm sanctuary for some sort of Easter festival there.

Romey's gonna be in Dr. Doolittle Heaven.  Animals all day long.  And Lord knows how much candy.

Then we're gonna hit the Farmer's Market, probably pick up a couple things for dinner.  Cate's got the Easter Brunch thing covered for tomorrow -- she finally got smart and is having it catered instead of trying to cook it all herself, for 30-plus people.

My wife makes me laugh.  We have three multi-million-dollar homes and it just doesn't dawn on her that she can pay somebody to do all this party-planning and cooking and shit.  She even forgets we have a housekeeping service that comes in every week.  I still find her doing shit like cleaning the oven or scrubbing toilets.

That's one of the many, many things I love about her.  Aside from living in mansions/luxury apartments and jetting all over the world and being married to one of People's Sexiest Men Alive (ha ha) she just lives life the same way she always has.  She doesn't give two shits about my money or my fame.  She just loves me.

Thank God.

And now I probably better go help her wrangle the Chuckleheads.  I'm sure she can handle them, but then again.... they ARE Boys.  Sometimes I wonder how they can walk and breathe air at the same time.  And they're MY boys so that makes them double-dumb, ha ha.

But I love 'em.

Hang on, StepMama!  Backup is on the way!  Ha ha.

6:20 pm
Patio

Hiding out here for a few minutes of peace.

Today has been madness.  Fun, but completely fucking nuts.  The penguin thing was fun, the farm was pretty cool.  Other than a minor meltdown by Romeo because we made him leave.  But I bought Russell a cookie at the Farmer's Market and that seemed to make up for it.

Now I'm in charge of egg-dyeing while Cate gets stuff ready for tomorrow.  She cooked the eggs yesterday afternoon, now Jakey, Romey and I have to color them.

And she made sure to remind me it was all MY idea to make 12 dozen eggs.

What the fuck was I thinking?

I'm gonna need another beer....


9:25 pm
Bathroom

I now have technicolor Chuckleheads.

And this egg-dye shit ain't coming off.  I have no fucking idea how they got it in their hair.  Or on their bellies. What the fuck do these two DO when I turn my back?

I surrender.  Just gonna sit here and nurse my beer and let them play in the tub.

I never want to see another damned egg.  EVER.

5 comments:

  1. Reading the updates is the highlight of my day, always guaranteed to make me laugh!

    Waiting for the next update, although sadly it looks like the weather in the Hamptons is not a wonderful as it is here in the UK at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun decorating the eggs Jonny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tatallysambora - I completely agree with you. I cannot go to bed without reading Jon's journal. Always eager to find out what happened in his crazy life!

    @Catte - you are so gifted as a writer, thank you dearly to share your imagination with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you do it, but you have me addicted! I absolutely love Jon's ramblings and every time I'm reading I have to remind me... THAT'S FICTION!!!
    LOVE it! And hope you won't stop soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is, as always so amusing and so lol! Thnx! -ferfy0

    ReplyDelete