Thursday, April 14

9:05 am
Target

Playing Undercover Johnny, ha ha.

Sitting in the cafe at Target in Middletown, having my coffee, hiding under my hat.  Came into town to run a few errands, decided to stop in here.  I could use some new socks and need some shaving cream and stuff.  And I miss going shopping for myself.  Well, sometimes.  Sometimes it's just a huge pain in the ass and I'm happy to let one of our staff deal with it, ha ha.

Haven't been to Target in years.  Pretty cool place -- they have everything here.  Now they even have groceries.  I'm gonna pick up some goodies I haven't had in awhile, ha ha.  And maybe I'll get some stuff to make Easter baskets for the kids.

That could be fun, building Easter baskets with Cate.  Maybe we'll go out to the Hamptons house and celebrate Easter there.  Do an egg hunt on the beach or something.  Or an egg roll on the lawn, like at the White House.

Jess and Steph will probably think that idea is lame.  Pfft.  Fine.  They won't get the good candy in their baskets, then.  Probably all they want is iTunes gift cards or whatever anyway.  And since they're still not talking to each other (or me) they can go hide in their rooms and sulk.

The Chuckleheads and I will have a perfectly fun time all by ourselves, running around the yard looking for baskets and eggs and marshmallow peeps and stuff.  I'm sure Russell will enjoy it too, ha ha.  Maybe I'll even make him his own little basket.  Wonder what imaginary ferrets like by way of treats?

I like that idea--Easter on the Beach.  As soon as I finish my coffee I'm heading for the Easter section.

Then I'll get my new socks.  And maybe a couple pairs of workout shorts.

And some of that great granola cereal Cate got that one time -- with the chocolate and dried cherries in it.  Damn, that stuff was good.  Yeah, I'll get a couple boxes of that.

And maybe I can find a frame for that photo of Cate we found last night.  Maybe a couple frames.  I could get copies made of some of her favorite old photos -- in the Target Photo Lab!  Aha!  And then I could frame 'em up and we can put them around the house, and in her new office when I get it done.  Yeah, that would be cool!  Damn, I'm smart.  Heh heh.

I love this place.


7:45 pm
Den

My Wife thinks I'm crazy.  I think I'm organized.  And Festive.

Got all the Easter basket goodies all laid out, assembly-line style.  Candy, stuffed animals, Hot Wheels, action figures, coloring books and crayons, gift cards... and that fake grass crap.  Probably need to get a few more things though.

I also bought egg-dye kits.  I didn't know what kind works best so I bought one of each.  We have like 12 different options now.  I'll have Margaret get 10 or 12 dozen eggs and we'll spend a morning egg-dyeing out at the Hamptons House.  It will be cool.  Then I guess we'll have egg salad, ha ha.

I even found little toy ferrets for Russell's basket.  They have these little animal bobble-head things called Littlest Pet Shop Pets.  They have every animal you can think of --ostriches, whales, lizards, rabbits, dogs, cats, rats.... and weasels.  I found two cute little ferrets; one purple and one pink.  A boy and a girl.  How cute.  Romey's gonna love 'em.  Russell too, ha ha.

They also had a dollar-store aisle thing at the front, with a bunch of little Easter goodies.  I bought bunny ears for all the kids -- all different colors.  They're headbands with the ears attached and I thought they were funny, so what the Hell.  In fact, when I got all this stuff laid out earlier I put on the pink ones and went downstairs to find Cate.  I even hopped into the Kitchen and wiggled my nose at her.

When she stopped laughing Cate kissed me and tugged on my ears and said I looked like a Deranged Easter Bunny.  Then she checked out my ass and said I need a fluffy cotton tail.  I told her I have some fuzzy eggs in my pants, heh heh.  Now that my stubble's longer my nuts are nice and fluffy, like little baby chicks.  I offered to let her pet 'em but she just laughed and smacked me on the ass and told me to hang in there, not much longer then I can stop feeling myself up and let her do it.

Tease.

Then she shooed me out of the kitchen and told me to hop my ass back up to wherever I came from while she finished dinner.  And no, she's not helping me put together baskets tonight.

Fine.  We'll do it this weekend.  I'm gonna buy some more stuff for them anyway.  $300 at Target doesn't go far these days.


10:30 pm
Upstairs Library

So Cate was downstairs watching the Phillies and doing something on her laptop.  I was bored so I wandered upstairs.  Came here and flopped down on the couch and looked around, thinking about what kinds of things I could have the decorator do to remake this room for Cate.  I'm meeting with him next week, so probably should have something in mind.

I turned on the TV and started flipping through channels, came across an old Bruce concert.  He was playing the harp on Promised Land.  I used to play,  Southside taught me.  I was never very good at it.  Apparently the fans liked it though.  But I just kinda drifted away from it, lost interest.

So I watched a little more of the show and thought "Gee, wonder if I can still blow that thing?"  I went down to my office on the main floor where all my music shit is and dug around in the closet until I found a harmonica.  Also discovered I have about a thousand guitar strings in there, ha ha.  And a couple drum heads.

Anyway, came back up here, lowered the TV, and just started messing around.  Just blowing a little, then trying to remember how to play some of those great old Jukes tunes.  And my own stuff.  I just about had Born to Be My Baby figured out when I noticed Cate standing in the doorway.

Jesus Christ, the look she gave me... she had this hungry, sexy grin.  She looked like she was gonna pounce on me and maul me.  Not that I'd mind that.  Not one bit.

I said  "hey" and asked her if she was okay.  She just said "don't stop" and came in and sat down on the other end of the couch and stared at me.  It was a little creepy, actually.

But I played a little more, kinda watched Cate while I did it.  She was practically drooling.  Her eyes were all swirly and dark like they get when she's aroused, and she kept licking her lips.  So I showed off a little, even though I still kinda suck at this, ha ha.

Then when I was done I just gave her a little grin and said "how's about that, Baby?"

She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Baby, you can play ME like that.  Any time you want."

Jesus Christ.  Superman was ready for takeoff in about a half a second.

Then my Cocktease Wife got up off the couch, kissed me, and left.

Goddammit.  This fucking Doc appointment tomorrow better be my green light.  I don't know who's hornier, me or Cate.

Okay, it's me.

Harmonica.  Who knew?

Maybe I'll keep practicing.  And I'll keep it in my nightstand, heh heh.

7 comments:

  1. Russell is the highlight of the ramblings for me. I hope a psychiatric professional never gets hold of the journal! LMAO!

    And are you getting a kickback on this Target commercial???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying is own new socks huh? That's funny! And I think Russel DOES need his own Easter Basket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is the way a man shops...goes in for one thing, comes out with half the store! LOL

    I love Russell...better check out the pet section too Jon! LMAO! Just not sure who's going to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got the perfect easter basket gift for Russell but it's in the imaginary department is's called a Imaginary female ferret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how Russell is part of the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hilarious chapter! I can just picture Jon shopping in Target for Russell. OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope he gets yhat "green light" before his balls turn a "permanent shade of blue"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete