Tuesday, April 5

9:40 pm
My Study

Holy Shit -- when did it get dark out?

Had no idea how late it was until Cate just poked her head in the door and asked me if I'm okay.  Of course I'm okay.  I'm in The Zone.  Apparently I have been for the last six hours or so.  And I'm not stopping now.

When the words and melodies are flowing like this, you don't turn 'em off.  You just go with it.  Hell, as good as things are going tonight I might have a whole new record written by sunup.  Hope Richie ain't making any plans in concrete for the fall, ha ha.

But I will take a minute to chow down on this sandwich she brought me.

One of the bajillion reasons I love my Wife... not only is she my favorite Muse, she "gets" me.  She knows when to just leave me alone, let me be.  It's like she can sense it, my need to just turn inward and let my soul create.  She doesn't get upset or feel like she's being ignored.  Not like Dorothea used to do sometimes.

And she makes one helluva good turkey sandwich.  She even brought me chips and a pickle.  Heh heh.  That's True Love, I tell ya.

I'm a lucky, lucky man.  When I crawl into bed with her sometime in the wee hours I'll be sure to tell Cate again how awesome she is.

Now back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Was afraid you forgot to do a journal entry today Jon! A new record would be awesome... That will gives us something to chew on while you're on hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm I thought its Richie who is putting out an album next....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he is Bay, although hopefully it'll be better than the early WTB offering. Not liking that so much.

    Catte, I've only just caught up with this, read all the entries this weekend. Love IT. You've hooked me...again...!

    ReplyDelete